For knowing ‘urban’ Poland so well, I have never visited its 2 biggest cities, Warsaw and Lódz respectively. As the capital of an increasingly impressive European state, I hear that Warsaw is being cleaned up and is becoming more upbeat every year. Nevertheless, considering its history with WWII bombardment, my question is: “Has enough of Warsaw been restored or at least authentically recreated to give the city an overall beautiful appearance?” I ask because I have seen gorgeous places in Poland like Krakow, Lublin, Torun, Gdansk and Poznan (I’ve been to Wroclaw too). I do not know whether Warsaw will keep me smiling or whether it is not really on par with the great tourist destinations I did visit already.
Otherwise, I have a very similar question for Lódz. I know very little about this city, other than this ‘Manchester of Poland’ is known for its industrial architecture. Again, compared to the likes of Krakow, Lublin, Torun, Gdansk and Poznan, do you personally think Lódz is anything worth going out of your way to see or ‘only if you are in the area’? Thanks for your opinions, which I welcome plenty of!
Comparing Lódz&Warsaw to Tourist Favorites like Krakow, Gdansk, Poznan..
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 Greek islands from Turkey
- 3 First time traveler to Ireland
- 4 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 5 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 6 Euro Train
- 7 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 8 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 9 Dresden Train Station
- 10 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 11 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 12 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 13 Novels set in Greece
- 14 London for Christmas
- 15 Istanbul and Cappadocia in 10 days - trip report
- 16 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 17 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 18 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 19 Waltz performances in Stadtpark Vienna
- 20 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 21 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 22 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 23 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 24 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 25 Italian Lakes gardens