For knowing ‘urban’ Poland so well, I have never visited its 2 biggest cities, Warsaw and Lódz respectively. As the capital of an increasingly impressive European state, I hear that Warsaw is being cleaned up and is becoming more upbeat every year. Nevertheless, considering its history with WWII bombardment, my question is: “Has enough of Warsaw been restored or at least authentically recreated to give the city an overall beautiful appearance?” I ask because I have seen gorgeous places in Poland like Krakow, Lublin, Torun, Gdansk and Poznan (I’ve been to Wroclaw too). I do not know whether Warsaw will keep me smiling or whether it is not really on par with the great tourist destinations I did visit already.
Otherwise, I have a very similar question for Lódz. I know very little about this city, other than this ‘Manchester of Poland’ is known for its industrial architecture. Again, compared to the likes of Krakow, Lublin, Torun, Gdansk and Poznan, do you personally think Lódz is anything worth going out of your way to see or ‘only if you are in the area’? Thanks for your opinions, which I welcome plenty of!
Comparing Lódz&Warsaw to Tourist Favorites like Krakow, Gdansk, Poznan..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 2 Itinerary Help!
- 3 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 4 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 5 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 6 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 7 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 10 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 11 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 12 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 13 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Street food in Turkey
- 16 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 17 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 18 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 19 Toulouse and beyond -
- 20 One week in Venice - trips
- 21 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 22 Scotland
- 23 9 days in turkey
- 24 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 25 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions