I was in Slovenia 4 years ago (omg, I just realized how much time has passed) and loved the caves, nature, capital and Piran. However, I did not visit Koper & Maribor. From my understanding, both destinations have ugly surroundings but historic cores. Starting with Koper, is its old town comparable (meaning as impressive, pretty, etc.) to Piran’s old town or is Koper’s old town more low-key with less to see? I have the same question about Maribor. Is its old town among the prettiest in Slovenia or is it more low-key with less to see? Maribor is definitely a detour, but I do not mind it if it’s worth it. On a side note, yes I am familiar with Ptuj.
Comparing Koper w/ Piran & Maribor w/ Ljubljana
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Experiences with spanish tour operator Iberica Travel?
- 2 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 3 Paris - Cochem - Cologne - Paris
- 4 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 5 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 6 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 7 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 8 Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza - 1 week. Seeking lodging, itinerary suggestions.
- 9 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 10 Riga 2014
- 11 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 12 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 13 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 14 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 15 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 16 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 17 Back home problems with sim card
- 18 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 19 Budapest
- 20 Bikerscott & Jamikins in Portugal 2010/2011
- 21 Budapest--baggage storage
- 22 Which hostel in Cinque Terre?
- 23 sim card for Prague, Budapest, and Vienna
- 24 Taxi in Rome from airport to city
- 25 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June