I was in Slovenia 4 years ago (omg, I just realized how much time has passed) and loved the caves, nature, capital and Piran. However, I did not visit Koper & Maribor. From my understanding, both destinations have ugly surroundings but historic cores. Starting with Koper, is its old town comparable (meaning as impressive, pretty, etc.) to Piran’s old town or is Koper’s old town more low-key with less to see? I have the same question about Maribor. Is its old town among the prettiest in Slovenia or is it more low-key with less to see? Maribor is definitely a detour, but I do not mind it if it’s worth it. On a side note, yes I am familiar with Ptuj.
Comparing Koper w/ Piran & Maribor w/ Ljubljana
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 2 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 5 Seaside island village in Greece
- 6 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 7 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 8 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 9 7 days in Greece
- 10 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 11 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 12 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 13 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Spain itineraries
- 16 Itinerary Help!
- 17 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 18 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 19 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 20 Scotland
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 22 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 23 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 24 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Ireland with a Northern Twist