I was in Slovenia 4 years ago (omg, I just realized how much time has passed) and loved the caves, nature, capital and Piran. However, I did not visit Koper & Maribor. From my understanding, both destinations have ugly surroundings but historic cores. Starting with Koper, is its old town comparable (meaning as impressive, pretty, etc.) to Piran’s old town or is Koper’s old town more low-key with less to see? I have the same question about Maribor. Is its old town among the prettiest in Slovenia or is it more low-key with less to see? Maribor is definitely a detour, but I do not mind it if it’s worth it. On a side note, yes I am familiar with Ptuj.
Comparing Koper w/ Piran & Maribor w/ Ljubljana
- 1 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 2 7 days in Andalucia
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 5 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 6 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 11 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 14 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 15 Belgium
- 16 Navigo Decouverte
- 17 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 18 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 19 More help with housing in Puglia
- 20 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 21 15 days in Europe,
- 22 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 23 Madrid to Sevilla
- 24 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 25 Taxi Availability from Bus Station