I was in Slovenia 4 years ago (omg, I just realized how much time has passed) and loved the caves, nature, capital and Piran. However, I did not visit Koper & Maribor. From my understanding, both destinations have ugly surroundings but historic cores. Starting with Koper, is its old town comparable (meaning as impressive, pretty, etc.) to Piran’s old town or is Koper’s old town more low-key with less to see? I have the same question about Maribor. Is its old town among the prettiest in Slovenia or is it more low-key with less to see? Maribor is definitely a detour, but I do not mind it if it’s worth it. On a side note, yes I am familiar with Ptuj.
Comparing Koper w/ Piran & Maribor w/ Ljubljana
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 2 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 3 Welcome
- 4 Prague - Tram #22
- 5 hotels in Seville
- 6 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 7 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 8 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 9 Day trip from London to Paris
- 10 Three days in Spain
- 11 Location of hotel in Rome
- 12 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 13 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 14 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 15 Need advice for this
- 16 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 17 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 18 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 19 one last portugal car rental question
- 20 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 21 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 22 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?
- 23 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 24 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium