A friend and I are travelling through Western Europe in March/April 2014, and have two spare passenger seats available for anyone that wants to share fuel costs. The route is London-Calais-Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Budapest-Vienna-Venice-Montpelier.
We expect the journey to take approximately 3 weeks, with mornings spent travelling on the motorcycle and afternoons available to explore the region. Both of us are very experienced motorcycle travellers (60 countries in the past 2 decades, see a past trip here: http://indiabiketour.blogspot.com.au/), and we travel on a light but sensible budget. This means eating at small establishments and budget hotel accommodation.
We don't mind if a passenger is male/female/old/young/etc, as long as you are physically able to sit on a motorcycle for a few hours at a time, and are less than 65kg in weight. The weight restriction is because we are both about 85kg, and (with luggage) we need to be conscious of the capacity of the Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle. Anyone wishing to join us will also need to be able to pack their travel luggage into a box 500mm x 400mm x 200mm in order to fit on the motorcycle.
If you are interested to explore western Europe next year with a couple of Australians by motorcycle, please reply to this post and we will get in contact.
Tony and Gary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Breakfast: London
- 2 Athens, Greece--transfer from airport to downtown hotel
- 3 June '17-Verona Piedmont Liguria?
- 4 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 5 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 6 Best way to see Croatia?
- 7 Amalfi Coast by Car
- 8 Mysterious EuropCar charge 4.5 months after turning in car
- 9 April 8 - 16, 1 country, 1 male, the best choice?
- 10 Rome For 2 days
- 11 Amalie/Rome
- 12 Travel plan help in Germany
- 13 Norway Trip Report 2016
- 14 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 15 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 16 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 17 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 18 Europe Itinerary
- 19 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 20 Suggested Itinerary Low Countries, Scotland, Enfland Lake district
- 21 Tarbet scotland
- 22 Christmas in Northern Europe
- 23 Most memorable European moments
- 24 Iceland Itinerary Help October
- 25 Camino Redux
Companions for Western Europe by motorcycle in March/April 2014