A friend and I are travelling through Western Europe in March/April 2014, and have two spare passenger seats available for anyone that wants to share fuel costs. The route is London-Calais-Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Budapest-Vienna-Venice-Montpelier.
We expect the journey to take approximately 3 weeks, with mornings spent travelling on the motorcycle and afternoons available to explore the region. Both of us are very experienced motorcycle travellers (60 countries in the past 2 decades, see a past trip here: http://indiabiketour.blogspot.com.au/), and we travel on a light but sensible budget. This means eating at small establishments and budget hotel accommodation.
We don't mind if a passenger is male/female/old/young/etc, as long as you are physically able to sit on a motorcycle for a few hours at a time, and are less than 65kg in weight. The weight restriction is because we are both about 85kg, and (with luggage) we need to be conscious of the capacity of the Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle. Anyone wishing to join us will also need to be able to pack their travel luggage into a box 500mm x 400mm x 200mm in order to fit on the motorcycle.
If you are interested to explore western Europe next year with a couple of Australians by motorcycle, please reply to this post and we will get in contact.
Tony and Gary
Companions for Western Europe by motorcycle in March/April 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 2 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 3 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 4 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 5 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 6 Paris to Rome
- 7 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 8 Hotel in Venice
- 9 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 10 London tube
- 11 bath or york
- 12 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 13 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 14 Lavender Fields
- 15 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 16 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 17 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 18 Local Tour in Provence?
- 19 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 20 Ste Remy France
- 21 car rental info
- 22 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 23 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 24 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 25 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car