A friend and I are travelling through Western Europe in March/April 2014, and have two spare passenger seats available for anyone that wants to share fuel costs. The route is London-Calais-Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Budapest-Vienna-Venice-Montpelier.
We expect the journey to take approximately 3 weeks, with mornings spent travelling on the motorcycle and afternoons available to explore the region. Both of us are very experienced motorcycle travellers (60 countries in the past 2 decades, see a past trip here: http://indiabiketour.blogspot.com.au/), and we travel on a light but sensible budget. This means eating at small establishments and budget hotel accommodation.
We don't mind if a passenger is male/female/old/young/etc, as long as you are physically able to sit on a motorcycle for a few hours at a time, and are less than 65kg in weight. The weight restriction is because we are both about 85kg, and (with luggage) we need to be conscious of the capacity of the Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle. Anyone wishing to join us will also need to be able to pack their travel luggage into a box 500mm x 400mm x 200mm in order to fit on the motorcycle.
If you are interested to explore western Europe next year with a couple of Australians by motorcycle, please reply to this post and we will get in contact.
Tony and Gary
Companions for Western Europe by motorcycle in March/April 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 hotels in Seville
- 3 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 4 Train Options - Lisbon to Porto
- 5 car rental companies Italy
- 6 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 7 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 8 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 9 tour guides in rome
- 10 one last portugal car rental question
- 11 A drive in Europe
- 12 Amsterdam hotel advice
- 13 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 14 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 15 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 16 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 17 London hotel
- 18 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 19 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 20 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 21 Toulouse and beyond -
- 22 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 23 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 24 Location of hotel in Rome
- 25 Sicily Suggetions