A friend and I are travelling through Western Europe in March/April 2014, and have two spare passenger seats available for anyone that wants to share fuel costs. The route is London-Calais-Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Budapest-Vienna-Venice-Montpelier.
We expect the journey to take approximately 3 weeks, with mornings spent travelling on the motorcycle and afternoons available to explore the region. Both of us are very experienced motorcycle travellers (60 countries in the past 2 decades, see a past trip here: http://indiabiketour.blogspot.com.au/), and we travel on a light but sensible budget. This means eating at small establishments and budget hotel accommodation.
We don't mind if a passenger is male/female/old/young/etc, as long as you are physically able to sit on a motorcycle for a few hours at a time, and are less than 65kg in weight. The weight restriction is because we are both about 85kg, and (with luggage) we need to be conscious of the capacity of the Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle. Anyone wishing to join us will also need to be able to pack their travel luggage into a box 500mm x 400mm x 200mm in order to fit on the motorcycle.
If you are interested to explore western Europe next year with a couple of Australians by motorcycle, please reply to this post and we will get in contact.
Tony and Gary
Companions for Western Europe by motorcycle in March/April 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 2 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 3 Priceline for London hotels
- 4 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 5 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 6 Ireland itinerary
- 7 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 8 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 9 Fjords, How To?
- 10 Istanbul Itinerary
- 11 7 Nights in Paris
- 12 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 13 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 14 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 15 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 16 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 17 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 18 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 19 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 20 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 21 London neighborhood suggestions
- 22 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 23 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 24 London - Site List Triage -
- 25 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)