A friend and I are travelling through Western Europe in March/April 2014, and have two spare passenger seats available for anyone that wants to share fuel costs. The route is London-Calais-Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Budapest-Vienna-Venice-Montpelier.
We expect the journey to take approximately 3 weeks, with mornings spent travelling on the motorcycle and afternoons available to explore the region. Both of us are very experienced motorcycle travellers (60 countries in the past 2 decades, see a past trip here: http://indiabiketour.blogspot.com.au/), and we travel on a light but sensible budget. This means eating at small establishments and budget hotel accommodation.
We don't mind if a passenger is male/female/old/young/etc, as long as you are physically able to sit on a motorcycle for a few hours at a time, and are less than 65kg in weight. The weight restriction is because we are both about 85kg, and (with luggage) we need to be conscious of the capacity of the Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle. Anyone wishing to join us will also need to be able to pack their travel luggage into a box 500mm x 400mm x 200mm in order to fit on the motorcycle.
If you are interested to explore western Europe next year with a couple of Australians by motorcycle, please reply to this post and we will get in contact.
Tony and Gary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 restaurants near Grosvenor House
- 2 Russia - GO or not?
- 3 Florence sites in a day and a half? with guide?
- 4 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 5 Sarajevo ? Mostar ? How many days?
- 6 Paris removes Pont des Arts love locks
- 7 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 8 CDG terminal 2E arrival question
- 9 Valencia - Finally going and need advice
- 10 How to get from Positano to Nocelle
- 11 Interlaken vs. Bern
- 12 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 13 Hotel Iturregi or Saiaz Getaria Hotel in Basque Region (Getaria)
- 14 stay in fuschl or St Wolfgang
- 15 Lucca Hotel Easy to get to Pisa Airport
- 16 Best company for car hire in Padua
- 17 Advice on cell phone/options while traveling
- 18 The best hotel in Naples for last night in Italy!
- 19 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 20 Nine Cities in 9 months!
- 21 France and Spain: 14 days: no set plans, HELP!!!
- 22 Traveling in Europe before a study visa in Italy
- 23 Data Sim Card
- 24 Honeymoon to Italy/France "Two for the Road"
- 25 The First Thing You Do When You Land In Paris?
Companions for Western Europe by motorcycle in March/April 2014