A friend and I are travelling through Western Europe in March/April 2014, and have two spare passenger seats available for anyone that wants to share fuel costs. The route is London-Calais-Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Budapest-Vienna-Venice-Montpelier.
We expect the journey to take approximately 3 weeks, with mornings spent travelling on the motorcycle and afternoons available to explore the region. Both of us are very experienced motorcycle travellers (60 countries in the past 2 decades, see a past trip here: http://indiabiketour.blogspot.com.au/), and we travel on a light but sensible budget. This means eating at small establishments and budget hotel accommodation.
We don't mind if a passenger is male/female/old/young/etc, as long as you are physically able to sit on a motorcycle for a few hours at a time, and are less than 65kg in weight. The weight restriction is because we are both about 85kg, and (with luggage) we need to be conscious of the capacity of the Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle. Anyone wishing to join us will also need to be able to pack their travel luggage into a box 500mm x 400mm x 200mm in order to fit on the motorcycle.
If you are interested to explore western Europe next year with a couple of Australians by motorcycle, please reply to this post and we will get in contact.
Tony and Gary
Companions for Western Europe by motorcycle in March/April 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 2 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 3 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 4 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 5 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 6 Satnav maps update
- 7 Greece after the Vote
- 8 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 9 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 10 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 11 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 12 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 13 mallorca
- 14 April in Madrid
- 15 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 16 France to Italy advice needed please
- 17 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 18 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 19 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 20 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 21 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 22 Question: import tax on personal musical instruments?
- 23 Hamburg, worth a visit?
- 24 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 25 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?