A friend and I are travelling through Western Europe in March/April 2014, and have two spare passenger seats available for anyone that wants to share fuel costs. The route is London-Calais-Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Budapest-Vienna-Venice-Montpelier.
We expect the journey to take approximately 3 weeks, with mornings spent travelling on the motorcycle and afternoons available to explore the region. Both of us are very experienced motorcycle travellers (60 countries in the past 2 decades, see a past trip here: http://indiabiketour.blogspot.com.au/), and we travel on a light but sensible budget. This means eating at small establishments and budget hotel accommodation.
We don't mind if a passenger is male/female/old/young/etc, as long as you are physically able to sit on a motorcycle for a few hours at a time, and are less than 65kg in weight. The weight restriction is because we are both about 85kg, and (with luggage) we need to be conscious of the capacity of the Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle. Anyone wishing to join us will also need to be able to pack their travel luggage into a box 500mm x 400mm x 200mm in order to fit on the motorcycle.
If you are interested to explore western Europe next year with a couple of Australians by motorcycle, please reply to this post and we will get in contact.
Tony and Gary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 2 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 3 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 4 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 5 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 6 10 days in London in early December
- 7 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 8 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 9 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 10 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 11 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 12 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 13 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 14 tickets for Wimbledon
- 15 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 16 retruning to US with souveniers
- 17 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 18 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 19 Italy in January?
- 20 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 21 Iceland rental camper company
- 22 BELLSOUTH Password Reset CONTACT ☎1: 800:681:7208 BELLSOUTH Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 23 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 24 Iceland car rental agencies
- 25 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
Companions for Western Europe by motorcycle in March/April 2014