A friend and I are travelling through Western Europe in March/April 2014, and have two spare passenger seats available for anyone that wants to share fuel costs. The route is London-Calais-Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Budapest-Vienna-Venice-Montpelier.
We expect the journey to take approximately 3 weeks, with mornings spent travelling on the motorcycle and afternoons available to explore the region. Both of us are very experienced motorcycle travellers (60 countries in the past 2 decades, see a past trip here: http://indiabiketour.blogspot.com.au/), and we travel on a light but sensible budget. This means eating at small establishments and budget hotel accommodation.
We don't mind if a passenger is male/female/old/young/etc, as long as you are physically able to sit on a motorcycle for a few hours at a time, and are less than 65kg in weight. The weight restriction is because we are both about 85kg, and (with luggage) we need to be conscious of the capacity of the Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle. Anyone wishing to join us will also need to be able to pack their travel luggage into a box 500mm x 400mm x 200mm in order to fit on the motorcycle.
If you are interested to explore western Europe next year with a couple of Australians by motorcycle, please reply to this post and we will get in contact.
Tony and Gary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 3 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 4 Prague itinerary advice
- 5 Ireland
- 6 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 7 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 8 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 9 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 10 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 11 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 12 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 13 10 day Italy
- 14 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 15 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 16 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 17 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 18 Planning a European Trip
- 19 France, UK and Ireland
- 20 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 21 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 22 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 23 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 24 What do after Bernia Express?
- 25 Does Mannedorf exist?
Companions for Western Europe by motorcycle in March/April 2014