A friend and I are travelling through Western Europe in March/April 2014, and have two spare passenger seats available for anyone that wants to share fuel costs. The route is London-Calais-Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Budapest-Vienna-Venice-Montpelier.
We expect the journey to take approximately 3 weeks, with mornings spent travelling on the motorcycle and afternoons available to explore the region. Both of us are very experienced motorcycle travellers (60 countries in the past 2 decades, see a past trip here: http://indiabiketour.blogspot.com.au/), and we travel on a light but sensible budget. This means eating at small establishments and budget hotel accommodation.
We don't mind if a passenger is male/female/old/young/etc, as long as you are physically able to sit on a motorcycle for a few hours at a time, and are less than 65kg in weight. The weight restriction is because we are both about 85kg, and (with luggage) we need to be conscious of the capacity of the Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle. Anyone wishing to join us will also need to be able to pack their travel luggage into a box 500mm x 400mm x 200mm in order to fit on the motorcycle.
If you are interested to explore western Europe next year with a couple of Australians by motorcycle, please reply to this post and we will get in contact.
Tony and Gary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 2 12 days europe
- 3 Christmas Week in London
- 4 RFID Protection
- 5 London Itinerary and Questions
- 6 Beaches in Southern France
- 7 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 8 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 9 3 days to spend in europe
- 10 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 11 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 12 Ali
- 13 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 14 Paris to Ramstein
- 15 Lyon: where to have an authentic bouchon experience?
- 16 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 17 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 18 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 19 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 20 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 21 Edinburgh Airport Transfers
- 22 Rail pass question
- 23 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 24 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 25 italy itinerary
Companions for Western Europe by motorcycle in March/April 2014