A friend and I are travelling through Western Europe in March/April 2014, and have two spare passenger seats available for anyone that wants to share fuel costs. The route is London-Calais-Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Budapest-Vienna-Venice-Montpelier.
We expect the journey to take approximately 3 weeks, with mornings spent travelling on the motorcycle and afternoons available to explore the region. Both of us are very experienced motorcycle travellers (60 countries in the past 2 decades, see a past trip here: http://indiabiketour.blogspot.com.au/), and we travel on a light but sensible budget. This means eating at small establishments and budget hotel accommodation.
We don't mind if a passenger is male/female/old/young/etc, as long as you are physically able to sit on a motorcycle for a few hours at a time, and are less than 65kg in weight. The weight restriction is because we are both about 85kg, and (with luggage) we need to be conscious of the capacity of the Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle. Anyone wishing to join us will also need to be able to pack their travel luggage into a box 500mm x 400mm x 200mm in order to fit on the motorcycle.
If you are interested to explore western Europe next year with a couple of Australians by motorcycle, please reply to this post and we will get in contact.
Tony and Gary
Companions for Western Europe by motorcycle in March/April 2014
- 1 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 2 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 5 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 6 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 7 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 8 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 9 Overnight stopover in London!
- 10 Walking around Barcelona??
- 11 London for Christmas
- 12 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 13 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 14 Novels set in Greece
- 15 Spain and Portugal
- 16 Three for the road
- 17 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 18 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 21 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 22 Help: Lake District & Yorkshire Dales
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 25 A very bad experience with Rentalcars