A friend and I are travelling through Western Europe in March/April 2014, and have two spare passenger seats available for anyone that wants to share fuel costs. The route is London-Calais-Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Budapest-Vienna-Venice-Montpelier.
We expect the journey to take approximately 3 weeks, with mornings spent travelling on the motorcycle and afternoons available to explore the region. Both of us are very experienced motorcycle travellers (60 countries in the past 2 decades, see a past trip here: http://indiabiketour.blogspot.com.au/), and we travel on a light but sensible budget. This means eating at small establishments and budget hotel accommodation.
We don't mind if a passenger is male/female/old/young/etc, as long as you are physically able to sit on a motorcycle for a few hours at a time, and are less than 65kg in weight. The weight restriction is because we are both about 85kg, and (with luggage) we need to be conscious of the capacity of the Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle. Anyone wishing to join us will also need to be able to pack their travel luggage into a box 500mm x 400mm x 200mm in order to fit on the motorcycle.
If you are interested to explore western Europe next year with a couple of Australians by motorcycle, please reply to this post and we will get in contact.
Tony and Gary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 2 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 5 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 6 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 7 Where to enjoy Paris
- 8 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 9 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 10 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 13 Meteora for older folk
- 14 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 15 Versailles
- 16 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 17 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 18 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 19 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 20 Please help allocate time in Lofoten and Bergen area
- 21 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 22 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 23 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 24 Athens
- 25 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
Companions for Western Europe by motorcycle in March/April 2014