A friend and I are travelling through Western Europe in March/April 2014, and have two spare passenger seats available for anyone that wants to share fuel costs. The route is London-Calais-Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Budapest-Vienna-Venice-Montpelier.
We expect the journey to take approximately 3 weeks, with mornings spent travelling on the motorcycle and afternoons available to explore the region. Both of us are very experienced motorcycle travellers (60 countries in the past 2 decades, see a past trip here: http://indiabiketour.blogspot.com.au/), and we travel on a light but sensible budget. This means eating at small establishments and budget hotel accommodation.
We don't mind if a passenger is male/female/old/young/etc, as long as you are physically able to sit on a motorcycle for a few hours at a time, and are less than 65kg in weight. The weight restriction is because we are both about 85kg, and (with luggage) we need to be conscious of the capacity of the Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle. Anyone wishing to join us will also need to be able to pack their travel luggage into a box 500mm x 400mm x 200mm in order to fit on the motorcycle.
If you are interested to explore western Europe next year with a couple of Australians by motorcycle, please reply to this post and we will get in contact.
Tony and Gary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://trexmusclesite.com/ev-derma/
- 2 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 3 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 4 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 5 Visiting Europe for 1 week: Prague or Rome?
- 6 Flights from Croatia
- 7 Visiting Spain in January
- 8 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 9 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 10 The Shocking Truth About Elastin In Skin !
- 11 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 12 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 13 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 14 English Countryside
- 15 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 16 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 17 Europe in late January
- 18 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 19 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 20 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 21 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 22 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 23 Paris---baguette question???
- 24 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 25 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
Companions for Western Europe by motorcycle in March/April 2014