We are returning to Italy, but this time visiting the Lake Como area and to Florence. we have been in Florence 2 years ago so no need to do the touristy stuff. We will head more to the country side during the day. However, as far as the Como area, we will be there for 3-4 days and the. Drive from Como, to Florence, making a stop or 2 along the way.
1) looking what should we do I the Como area. We are foodies, like little shops and cute villages/towns. Is it better to have car or travel by public transportation here?
2) driving fromcomo to Florence, where should we stop along the way. I was thinking Parma and Modena and surrounding areas.
3) cinque terre from Florence, is it worth a day trip? We've been to the amalfi coast, and will be coming back for the lake Como area, so I imagine it will be quite similar?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 2 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 3 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 4 First time in Bulgaria
- 5 Paris in September
- 6 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 7 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 8 Day trips from Florence
- 9 St Denis Cathedral
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 12 May get together in Paris
- 13 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 14 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 15 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 20 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Rouen Tour Companies