We are returning to Italy, but this time visiting the Lake Como area and to Florence. we have been in Florence 2 years ago so no need to do the touristy stuff. We will head more to the country side during the day. However, as far as the Como area, we will be there for 3-4 days and the. Drive from Como, to Florence, making a stop or 2 along the way.
1) looking what should we do I the Como area. We are foodies, like little shops and cute villages/towns. Is it better to have car or travel by public transportation here?
2) driving fromcomo to Florence, where should we stop along the way. I was thinking Parma and Modena and surrounding areas.
3) cinque terre from Florence, is it worth a day trip? We've been to the amalfi coast, and will be coming back for the lake Como area, so I imagine it will be quite similar?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 2 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 3 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 4 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 5 Happy birthday ATM
- 6 Trouble Getting from Tours to Orly
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 9 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 10 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 11 2 days in Lugano area
- 12 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 13 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 14 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 15 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 16 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 17 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 18 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 19 Berlin to ?
- 20 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 21 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 22 Preliminary Trip Planning for Venice/Florence/Umbria in late September
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Trip Report – London, Devon and Somerset
- 25 Italy in January?