We are returning to Italy, but this time visiting the Lake Como area and to Florence. we have been in Florence 2 years ago so no need to do the touristy stuff. We will head more to the country side during the day. However, as far as the Como area, we will be there for 3-4 days and the. Drive from Como, to Florence, making a stop or 2 along the way.
1) looking what should we do I the Como area. We are foodies, like little shops and cute villages/towns. Is it better to have car or travel by public transportation here?
2) driving fromcomo to Florence, where should we stop along the way. I was thinking Parma and Modena and surrounding areas.
3) cinque terre from Florence, is it worth a day trip? We've been to the amalfi coast, and will be coming back for the lake Como area, so I imagine it will be quite similar?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 6 Iceland early december visit
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 God Save the Queen?
- 10 Road trip with our dog
- 11 Milan or Turin
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 20 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Spanish Medical Providers
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris