I appreciate any thoughts about my plans - I have had to put this together myself due to limited travel times of younger daughter. Also I have never been to London, Paris or Rome - and only have 14 days so putting this together has been a challenge. We plan to travel light no checked bags...I am 57 (not in best physical shape) and traveling with my oldest daughter (age 30) to arrive in London Heathrow on 10/15/2011. My younger daughter (20) to meet us in London on Sunday 10/16/2011 (flying in from Rome). We are staying at Marriott Hotel Marble Arch
Day 1 - Arrive 10:00 at Heathrow - Best to take a cab into town? No plans - maybe will be to exhausted to do anything due to jet lag? any suggestions ?
Day 2 - Younger daughter arriving late in afternoon from Rome into Gatwick airport - she should take Gatwick Express train from what I can determine to Victoria Station and then cab to hotel?
Any suggestions for me and my other daughter to do in am? My younger daughter wants to visit British Museum, British Library and Harry Potter tour... so can't do these things without her. Also since it is a Sunday - I guess we are really limited?
Day 3 - British Museum - am
British Library - pm
Day 4 - Buckingham Palace - changing of guard?
Tower of London/Westminster Abbey
Day 5- We can do something in the am; but then must catch Eurostar by 3:30 to Paris. Plan to eat dinner in Paris - any suggestions? - We are staying at Hotel Clement in #6. Probably take cab to hotel?
Day 6 - Notre Dame and Tower - am
Louvre - pm
Day 7 - Orsay/Orangerie Museums
have reservations for Eiffel Tower at 600 pm
Day 8 - Day trip to Versailles
Day 9 - See something close to hotel like Luxemburg Gardens? in am?;
must be at Orly by 4:00 pm for flight to Rome - arrive Rome at 8 pm - staying at Sheraton Golf Parco de Medici near my younger daughter's school. I guess it is best to take cab from Ciampino airport?
Day 10 - 14 - no plans set but would like to see Borghese Gallery/ Vatican Museum/St. Peters, Ancient Rome- Coliseum, Forum etc and a day trip to Naples/Pompeii
Leave on Day 15
We are trying to do as much as we can in London and Paris - Rome is a bit easier... but any suggestions are most welcome especially any restaurants you can recommend for dinner that are moderately priced - 25 - 30 Euros near any of the hotels or sights..
Also the day trip to Naples - is that safe - to take the train - heard a lot about pick pockets/thieves.... Are the river cruises in Paris and London worth the time?
Thank you for your suggestions....
comments/thoughts on itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 2 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 3 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 4 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 5 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 6 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 7 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 8 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 9 Paris in black and white
- 10 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 11 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 12 Hey Fodor's
- 13 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 14 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 15 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 16 Douro cruise in last week of November?
- 17 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 18 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 19 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 20 Advice please...
- 21 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 22 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 23 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 24 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 25 Globus Tour Highlights of Britain & Ireland