I appreciate any thoughts about my plans - I have had to put this together myself due to limited travel times of younger daughter. Also I have never been to London, Paris or Rome - and only have 14 days so putting this together has been a challenge. We plan to travel light no checked bags...I am 57 (not in best physical shape) and traveling with my oldest daughter (age 30) to arrive in London Heathrow on 10/15/2011. My younger daughter (20) to meet us in London on Sunday 10/16/2011 (flying in from Rome). We are staying at Marriott Hotel Marble Arch
Day 1 - Arrive 10:00 at Heathrow - Best to take a cab into town? No plans - maybe will be to exhausted to do anything due to jet lag? any suggestions ?
Day 2 - Younger daughter arriving late in afternoon from Rome into Gatwick airport - she should take Gatwick Express train from what I can determine to Victoria Station and then cab to hotel?
Any suggestions for me and my other daughter to do in am? My younger daughter wants to visit British Museum, British Library and Harry Potter tour... so can't do these things without her. Also since it is a Sunday - I guess we are really limited?
Day 3 - British Museum - am
British Library - pm
Day 4 - Buckingham Palace - changing of guard?
Tower of London/Westminster Abbey
Day 5- We can do something in the am; but then must catch Eurostar by 3:30 to Paris. Plan to eat dinner in Paris - any suggestions? - We are staying at Hotel Clement in #6. Probably take cab to hotel?
Day 6 - Notre Dame and Tower - am
Louvre - pm
Day 7 - Orsay/Orangerie Museums
have reservations for Eiffel Tower at 600 pm
Day 8 - Day trip to Versailles
Day 9 - See something close to hotel like Luxemburg Gardens? in am?;
must be at Orly by 4:00 pm for flight to Rome - arrive Rome at 8 pm - staying at Sheraton Golf Parco de Medici near my younger daughter's school. I guess it is best to take cab from Ciampino airport?
Day 10 - 14 - no plans set but would like to see Borghese Gallery/ Vatican Museum/St. Peters, Ancient Rome- Coliseum, Forum etc and a day trip to Naples/Pompeii
Leave on Day 15
We are trying to do as much as we can in London and Paris - Rome is a bit easier... but any suggestions are most welcome especially any restaurants you can recommend for dinner that are moderately priced - 25 - 30 Euros near any of the hotels or sights..
Also the day trip to Naples - is that safe - to take the train - heard a lot about pick pockets/thieves.... Are the river cruises in Paris and London worth the time?
Thank you for your suggestions....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 2 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 3 limousine services - milan - rome
- 4 Regarding Residence Permit
- 5 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 6 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 7 Homesaty
- 8 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 9 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 10 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 11 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 12 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 13 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 14 Route des Vins
- 15 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 16 2 days in Florence
- 17 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 18 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 19 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 20 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 21 base for Andalucia
- 22 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 23 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 24 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 25 How to leave Slovenia for US?