I appreciate any thoughts about my plans - I have had to put this together myself due to limited travel times of younger daughter. Also I have never been to London, Paris or Rome - and only have 14 days so putting this together has been a challenge. We plan to travel light no checked bags...I am 57 (not in best physical shape) and traveling with my oldest daughter (age 30) to arrive in London Heathrow on 10/15/2011. My younger daughter (20) to meet us in London on Sunday 10/16/2011 (flying in from Rome). We are staying at Marriott Hotel Marble Arch
Day 1 - Arrive 10:00 at Heathrow - Best to take a cab into town? No plans - maybe will be to exhausted to do anything due to jet lag? any suggestions ?
Day 2 - Younger daughter arriving late in afternoon from Rome into Gatwick airport - she should take Gatwick Express train from what I can determine to Victoria Station and then cab to hotel?
Any suggestions for me and my other daughter to do in am? My younger daughter wants to visit British Museum, British Library and Harry Potter tour... so can't do these things without her. Also since it is a Sunday - I guess we are really limited?
Day 3 - British Museum - am
British Library - pm
Day 4 - Buckingham Palace - changing of guard?
Tower of London/Westminster Abbey
Day 5- We can do something in the am; but then must catch Eurostar by 3:30 to Paris. Plan to eat dinner in Paris - any suggestions? - We are staying at Hotel Clement in #6. Probably take cab to hotel?
Day 6 - Notre Dame and Tower - am
Louvre - pm
Day 7 - Orsay/Orangerie Museums
have reservations for Eiffel Tower at 600 pm
Day 8 - Day trip to Versailles
Day 9 - See something close to hotel like Luxemburg Gardens? in am?;
must be at Orly by 4:00 pm for flight to Rome - arrive Rome at 8 pm - staying at Sheraton Golf Parco de Medici near my younger daughter's school. I guess it is best to take cab from Ciampino airport?
Day 10 - 14 - no plans set but would like to see Borghese Gallery/ Vatican Museum/St. Peters, Ancient Rome- Coliseum, Forum etc and a day trip to Naples/Pompeii
Leave on Day 15
We are trying to do as much as we can in London and Paris - Rome is a bit easier... but any suggestions are most welcome especially any restaurants you can recommend for dinner that are moderately priced - 25 - 30 Euros near any of the hotels or sights..
Also the day trip to Naples - is that safe - to take the train - heard a lot about pick pockets/thieves.... Are the river cruises in Paris and London worth the time?
Thank you for your suggestions....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 2 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 3 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 4 English Countryside
- 5 Scenic Driving Routes
- 6 Visiting Spain in January
- 7 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 8 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 9 Flights from Croatia
- 10 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 11 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 12 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 13 Visiting Europe for 1 week: Prague or Rome?
- 14 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 15 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 16 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 17 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 18 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 19 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 20 Europe in late January
- 21 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 22 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 23 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 24 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 25 Europe in the Winter for a week