My husband and I will be in Venice for three days in the end of May, 2017 for our 20th anniversary. (First trip to Venice.) We're looking at a couple of Air BnB's in a couple of different sestieri. We would like to be a bit away from the heavy tourist areas, but also have a great selection of restaurants who offer great food, romance and more reasonable pricing than the touristy areas. Of course, we realize we can get to just about anything fairly easily. We also want to take into consideration that we will be traveling to Venice via Tuscany (Montici) and leaving out of Marco Polo airport at the end of our stay. (Not sure yet what method of transportation we will be using from Montici. That's another topic.)
Here are the two apartments we are considering at this point:
We like the first because it's elegant, beautiful, seems to be in a pretty/romantic/quieter/interesting sestiere and the price looks very reasonable at the time we're going (about $148 per night including tax and fees). That being said, it has no view, according to reviews, and we will have to walk up 3 flights of stairs with two sets of heavy luggage (we'll be gone almost 3 weeks).
We like the second one because it's beautiful, seems to be in a good location, has only one flight of stairs and it has two balconies and a terrace. Although the price is more than we want to pay at the time we're going (about $180 per night including tax and fees), we're willing to spend it if we feel like it's worth the extra expense.
When we see pictures of Cannaregio (where the second one is located), it looks more industrial and not-so-pretty. Whereas, Castello (where the first one is located) looks so pretty and quaint. But these are all just pictures and I know you all can give me recommendations based on your experiences.
We're in our mid-50's, still love romance, love great food and wine (and perhaps a cocktail after dinner). Can anyone help to sway us towards one apartment/sestiere or the other? If you need more info, please ask.
Thank you for your kindness and time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 2 http://myhealthpeak.com/verutum-rx/
- 3 6 Days in Italy
- 4 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 5 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 6 Low Deposit Holidays| Low Cost Getaway| Secure From Book It Now
- 7 Have Toddler, Will Travel
- 8 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 9 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 10 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 11 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 12 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 13 Stu Tower
- 14 Single Female Traveler in Italy
- 15 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 16 Maybe your worst nightmare...
- 17 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 18 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 19 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?
- 22 What to do in San Marino + Internet connection
- 23 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 24 skopsko beer and shopsko salad. my week in macedonia
- 25 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.