We will be in Rome late March and want to tour the Colosseum. It is one of the things we did not do the last time we were in Rome. (We have toured the Forum and many other sites). We plan on getting there when it first opens to try and avoid crowds. I have heard that their is a new part below that is now open and worth seeing. Will access to that portion be part of the entrance fee or is it an area that must be shown by a tour guide? Any advice on touring, buying tickets, avoiding crowd times, etc. will be appreciated. After touring the colosseum, we want to see the Pantheon. Again, any advice on time of day to tour, etc.? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 2 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 3 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 4 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 5 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 6 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 7 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 8 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 9 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 10 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 11 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 12 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 13 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 14 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 15 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 16 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 17 Five nights in Extremadura
- 18 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 19 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 20 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 21 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 22 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 23 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)