I am trying to decide on the best town to choose as a base to explore the coastal area of Languedoc. Ideally we will visit Carcassone and possibly a town in nearby Spain. We have been to Collioure and really liked. We stayed for 2 nights in early June a few years ago. It has everything we are looking for including a charming town, good restaurants, seaside location and a decent enough beach. We travel to Florida and the Caribbean, so I do not need the beach to be the main reason for this trip. Since we are planning a summer trip and need accommodation for 4 adults and 4 kids, I am not sure if Collioure is the best choice. I know the crowds are awful in July and August. Ideally, we would like to rent a house within walking distance to the town and beach. We will rent a car but don't want to need it every day. We are also open to using a train to get to nearby towns/sights. Some suggestions I have been given are Banyuls sur Mer, Leucate and Franqui. All of these places look appealing for one reason or another. However, is there a reason we shouldn't just go back to Collioure instead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget for 3 Month's
- 2 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 3 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 4 Italian cooking classes
- 5 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 6 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 7 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 8 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 9 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 10 Fjords, How To?
- 11 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 12 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 13 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 14 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 15 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 16 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 17 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 18 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 19 London visit
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 22 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 23 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 24 21 Days in Central Europe
- 25 Driving to Paris... Parking?