I am trying to decide on the best town to choose as a base to explore the coastal area of Languedoc. Ideally we will visit Carcassone and possibly a town in nearby Spain. We have been to Collioure and really liked. We stayed for 2 nights in early June a few years ago. It has everything we are looking for including a charming town, good restaurants, seaside location and a decent enough beach. We travel to Florida and the Caribbean, so I do not need the beach to be the main reason for this trip. Since we are planning a summer trip and need accommodation for 4 adults and 4 kids, I am not sure if Collioure is the best choice. I know the crowds are awful in July and August. Ideally, we would like to rent a house within walking distance to the town and beach. We will rent a car but don't want to need it every day. We are also open to using a train to get to nearby towns/sights. Some suggestions I have been given are Banyuls sur Mer, Leucate and Franqui. All of these places look appealing for one reason or another. However, is there a reason we shouldn't just go back to Collioure instead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 2 Restaurants in Spain
- 3 Bus Tours in Scotland???
- 4 big family in Ireland
- 5 UK for 10 days with 9 and 13 year old
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Touring Dover Castle
- 8 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 9 Ireland itinerary
- 10 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 13 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 14 Cell phones in Ireland
- 15 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 16 7 Nights in Paris
- 17 Santorini transportation
- 18 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 19 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 20 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 21 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 22 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 23 Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
- 24 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 25 Madrid and London