I am trying to decide on the best town to choose as a base to explore the coastal area of Languedoc. Ideally we will visit Carcassone and possibly a town in nearby Spain. We have been to Collioure and really liked. We stayed for 2 nights in early June a few years ago. It has everything we are looking for including a charming town, good restaurants, seaside location and a decent enough beach. We travel to Florida and the Caribbean, so I do not need the beach to be the main reason for this trip. Since we are planning a summer trip and need accommodation for 4 adults and 4 kids, I am not sure if Collioure is the best choice. I know the crowds are awful in July and August. Ideally, we would like to rent a house within walking distance to the town and beach. We will rent a car but don't want to need it every day. We are also open to using a train to get to nearby towns/sights. Some suggestions I have been given are Banyuls sur Mer, Leucate and Franqui. All of these places look appealing for one reason or another. However, is there a reason we shouldn't just go back to Collioure instead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 2 First trip to Paris
- 3 Traveling for First time to Italy and Spain. NEED HELP!!
- 4 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 5 Relaxing sandy beach for the day near Nice
- 6 PORTUGAL - LISBON & PORTO AREAS 11 DAYS
- 7 Train From Paris to Beaune
- 8 Cheap hotel room in Barcellona
- 9 Pix from Northern Ireland & Donegal
- 10 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 11 Seville Day Trip - Cordoba or Ronda
- 12 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 13 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 14 Dulwich Picture Gallery
- 15 Bicycle Prague to Berlin
- 16 Naples Italy as base for coast?
- 17 Barcelona to San Sebastián etc....or???
- 18 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 19 JulieVikmas,et al, tell me about the DuLac
- 20 One island on way from Greece to Turkey
- 21 Please help me with the itinerary !!
- 22 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 23 Eastern European "Sampler" Trip
- 24 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 25 Help with itinerary for Italy for 12 days