We have rented a car for our upcoming trip through Germany so I haven't done much research on the trains and boats. Any advice is much appreciated. We want to visit Cologne one day from Cochem and thought we would take that opportunity to experience the trains and boat travel. Is it best to take the train one way and boat another between these cities? If so which ones? Everyone says how easy these forms of transportation are in Germany, just not sure if one way is better than the other to take the boat and which boat & train to take. Thanks for any recommendations.
Cochem to Cologne train, boat or both?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 2 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 3 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 6 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 7 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 10 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 11 banger rally around europe?
- 12 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 13 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 20 Trip around Spain
- 21 Trieste as a day trip?
- 22 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 23 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 24 Spain - Andalucia
- 25 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich