We have rented a car for our upcoming trip through Germany so I haven't done much research on the trains and boats. Any advice is much appreciated. We want to visit Cologne one day from Cochem and thought we would take that opportunity to experience the trains and boat travel. Is it best to take the train one way and boat another between these cities? If so which ones? Everyone says how easy these forms of transportation are in Germany, just not sure if one way is better than the other to take the boat and which boat & train to take. Thanks for any recommendations.
Cochem to Cologne train, boat or both?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 italy
- 2 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 3 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 4 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 5 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 6 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 7 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 8 What still confounds you about travel?
- 9 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 10 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 11 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 12 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 13 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 14 Chip but no PIN
- 15 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 16 Madrid and London
- 17 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 20 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 21 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 22 Pronunciation
- 23 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 24 Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel