We have rented a car for our upcoming trip through Germany so I haven't done much research on the trains and boats. Any advice is much appreciated. We want to visit Cologne one day from Cochem and thought we would take that opportunity to experience the trains and boat travel. Is it best to take the train one way and boat another between these cities? If so which ones? Everyone says how easy these forms of transportation are in Germany, just not sure if one way is better than the other to take the boat and which boat & train to take. Thanks for any recommendations.
Cochem to Cologne train, boat or both?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 day Switzerland itinerary with 7 and 4 yr olds
- 2 What to See and Where to Stay in 15 days in France?
- 3 Best small medieval towns & villages in/near Val d'Orcia
- 4 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 5 Buying Advance Tickets for Spain/Italy
- 6 bath or york
- 7 Scotland/London Itinerary Help
- 8 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?
- 9 Paris - Jan 29 to Mar 27
- 10 Advice needed/Carcasonne to Dordogne
- 11 Luxury accommodation in historic center of Rome? Where would you stay?
- 12 Lavender Fields
- 13 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 14 3 kids to italy
- 15 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 16 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 17 Restaurants in Lake Maggiore/Stresa
- 18 Madrid Bajaras to Salamanca
- 19 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 20 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 21 Naples Italy as base for coast?
- 22 Rail tickets
- 23 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 24 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 25 Is Cognac worth an overnight between Sarlat and La Rochelle?