We're looking for suggestions on beautiful places to visit outside of Brussels and Amsterdam for a May 2014 trip there. Short trip, only about 9 full days. Brussels and Amsterdam are the only MUSTS on our itinerary. We fly into and out of Brussels, but one of the main purposes of our trip is to take our daughters to the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam. Both (ages 11 and 16) have become very interested in her story and would really like to visit there. Other than that, we have no requirements other than to visit places of beauty in either Belgium, (northern) France, or the Netherlands. We can do train or car. I thought the coast might be fun, but am not familiar at all with any of the coastal towns in this part of Europe. Looking for suggestions! Thanks for any help, Fodor Friends!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 2 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 3 I need a haircut
- 4 Tipping in Greece
- 5 We Need a Pact
- 6 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 7 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 8 Honeymooning in Europe
- 9 Southern France
- 10 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 11 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 12 Spain tips beyond safety
- 13 Small group for Colosseum
- 14 American electrical gadgets
- 15 Arc de Triumph Question
- 16 flea markets in France
- 17 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 18 Eating in France-two new books
- 19 Monet in Normandy
- 20 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 21 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 22 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 23 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 24 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 25 two weeks 8/4 and 8/11