We're looking for suggestions on beautiful places to visit outside of Brussels and Amsterdam for a May 2014 trip there. Short trip, only about 9 full days. Brussels and Amsterdam are the only MUSTS on our itinerary. We fly into and out of Brussels, but one of the main purposes of our trip is to take our daughters to the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam. Both (ages 11 and 16) have become very interested in her story and would really like to visit there. Other than that, we have no requirements other than to visit places of beauty in either Belgium, (northern) France, or the Netherlands. We can do train or car. I thought the coast might be fun, but am not familiar at all with any of the coastal towns in this part of Europe. Looking for suggestions! Thanks for any help, Fodor Friends!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avignon to London?
- 2 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 3 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 4 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 7 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 8 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 9 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 10 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 11 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 12 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 13 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 14 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 15 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 16 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 17 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 18 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 19 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 20 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 21 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 22 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 23 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 24 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 25 Mycenae Documentary