We're looking for suggestions on beautiful places to visit outside of Brussels and Amsterdam for a May 2014 trip there. Short trip, only about 9 full days. Brussels and Amsterdam are the only MUSTS on our itinerary. We fly into and out of Brussels, but one of the main purposes of our trip is to take our daughters to the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam. Both (ages 11 and 16) have become very interested in her story and would really like to visit there. Other than that, we have no requirements other than to visit places of beauty in either Belgium, (northern) France, or the Netherlands. We can do train or car. I thought the coast might be fun, but am not familiar at all with any of the coastal towns in this part of Europe. Looking for suggestions! Thanks for any help, Fodor Friends!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 2 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 3 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 4 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 5 First time to Switzerland
- 6 Visiting the Azores Islands (Portugal) LOVELY LOVELY Experiences
- 7 Italy dolomites
- 8 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 9 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 10 First time Ireland trip
- 11 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 12 Switzerland help...?
- 13 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 14 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 15 5 Observations About Paris
- 16 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 17 Story of the German Christmas star
- 18 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 19 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 20 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 21 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 22 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 23 Scuol, Switzerland
- 24 Airport ATMs
- 25 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?