Long time reader first time poster, I am traveling to Europe with my husband and our 2 sons (13 & 14) in October. Just thought I'd look for some advice on a few things.
1) looking to do the overnight train from Paris to Munich, this will save a day of traveling and we can share a 4 berth compartment. Does this train travel every day? (night).
In Paris I would like to be handy to the train station it leaves from... Is that Gare du Nord? 2) Have 3 days to show my boys Paris, where would be the best area to be staying ?
Also going to Switzerland, friends have recommended Lucerne as a lovely place to stay, we will be traveling to see relatives in Lovero (near Tirano) so will be going over the Alps. Very Excited!! 3) Is Lucerne the best place to spend a night and a day ??
Have booked hotels in Florence and Rome, and feel happy about my choices but am just confused when it comes to Paris.
Thanks for your time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 2 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 3 Lisbon trip report
- 4 restaurants in Marais district
- 5 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 6 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 7 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 8 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 9 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 10 Planning a European Trip
- 11 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 12 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 13 Ireland travel passport question
- 14 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 15 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 18 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 19 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 20 Norway Itinerary
- 21 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 22 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 23 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 24 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 25 Springtime Adventure in Europe