Long time reader first time poster, I am traveling to Europe with my husband and our 2 sons (13 & 14) in October. Just thought I'd look for some advice on a few things.
1) looking to do the overnight train from Paris to Munich, this will save a day of traveling and we can share a 4 berth compartment. Does this train travel every day? (night).
In Paris I would like to be handy to the train station it leaves from... Is that Gare du Nord? 2) Have 3 days to show my boys Paris, where would be the best area to be staying ?
Also going to Switzerland, friends have recommended Lucerne as a lovely place to stay, we will be traveling to see relatives in Lovero (near Tirano) so will be going over the Alps. Very Excited!! 3) Is Lucerne the best place to spend a night and a day ??
Have booked hotels in Florence and Rome, and feel happy about my choices but am just confused when it comes to Paris.
Thanks for your time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trogir or Split
- 2 Scotland
- 3 Hotels in Turin
- 4 Berlin to ?
- 5 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 6 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 7 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 10 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 11 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 12 Istria in two days
- 13 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 14 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 15 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 16 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 17 Scotland itinerary help
- 18 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 19 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 20 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 21 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 22 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 23 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 24 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 25 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?