Long time reader first time poster, I am traveling to Europe with my husband and our 2 sons (13 & 14) in October. Just thought I'd look for some advice on a few things.
1) looking to do the overnight train from Paris to Munich, this will save a day of traveling and we can share a 4 berth compartment. Does this train travel every day? (night).
In Paris I would like to be handy to the train station it leaves from... Is that Gare du Nord? 2) Have 3 days to show my boys Paris, where would be the best area to be staying ?
Also going to Switzerland, friends have recommended Lucerne as a lovely place to stay, we will be traveling to see relatives in Lovero (near Tirano) so will be going over the Alps. Very Excited!! 3) Is Lucerne the best place to spend a night and a day ??
Have booked hotels in Florence and Rome, and feel happy about my choices but am just confused when it comes to Paris.
Thanks for your time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We're here!
- 2 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Where to enjoy Paris
- 5 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 6 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 7 10 days in Paris and......
- 8 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 9 Spain in July
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 Athens
- 12 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 13 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 14 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 15 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 16 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 17 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 18 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 19 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 20 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Budapest & Prague
- 23 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 driving from ancona to rome