Long time reader first time poster, I am traveling to Europe with my husband and our 2 sons (13 & 14) in October. Just thought I'd look for some advice on a few things.
1) looking to do the overnight train from Paris to Munich, this will save a day of traveling and we can share a 4 berth compartment. Does this train travel every day? (night).
In Paris I would like to be handy to the train station it leaves from... Is that Gare du Nord? 2) Have 3 days to show my boys Paris, where would be the best area to be staying ?
Also going to Switzerland, friends have recommended Lucerne as a lovely place to stay, we will be traveling to see relatives in Lovero (near Tirano) so will be going over the Alps. Very Excited!! 3) Is Lucerne the best place to spend a night and a day ??
Have booked hotels in Florence and Rome, and feel happy about my choices but am just confused when it comes to Paris.
Thanks for your time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin -clubs
- 2 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 3 Athens Help
- 4 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 5 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 6 base in brussels
- 7 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 8 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 9 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 10 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 11 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Trains in Italy
- 17 Uber vs. TfL
- 18 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 19 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 20 Alitala
- 21 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 22 celticmoon, a quick question
- 23 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 24 What fresh hell is this?
- 25 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce