Long time reader first time poster, I am traveling to Europe with my husband and our 2 sons (13 & 14) in October. Just thought I'd look for some advice on a few things.
1) looking to do the overnight train from Paris to Munich, this will save a day of traveling and we can share a 4 berth compartment. Does this train travel every day? (night).
In Paris I would like to be handy to the train station it leaves from... Is that Gare du Nord? 2) Have 3 days to show my boys Paris, where would be the best area to be staying ?
Also going to Switzerland, friends have recommended Lucerne as a lovely place to stay, we will be traveling to see relatives in Lovero (near Tirano) so will be going over the Alps. Very Excited!! 3) Is Lucerne the best place to spend a night and a day ??
Have booked hotels in Florence and Rome, and feel happy about my choices but am just confused when it comes to Paris.
Thanks for your time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Things to do in Brussels
- 2 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 3 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 4 K-Day
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 7 UK Visa Help
- 8 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 9 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 10 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 11 Spain in December
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 16 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 17 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 18 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 19 Cell Phone Question
- 20 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 Greek Islands (small)
- 23 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 24 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 25 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?