I'm a 19yr old american female and I am going to be a Au Pair in Nice, France for the summer. The family also spends 3 weeks of August in Puglia, Italy I believe at Torre Lapillo. I will have nights and weekends off. My concerns are language barriers. I'm attempting to pick up on french but I am not doing very well...do many people know english in France/Italy? Also where should I visit when I have weekends off? I'd really like to visit Paris and the Cinque Terre. I am still trying to understand the train/metro system. I'm concerned about getting around and traveling without knowing much of the language. Any tips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BROTHER PRINTER INSTALLATION/SET-UP CONTACT 1-888-279-0246 TECHNICAL CAre
- 2 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 3 Help on ancient history route
- 4 Edinbrugh
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 7 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 12 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 13 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 14 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 15 Berlin to ?
- 16 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 17 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 18 Maximizing Norway time
- 19 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 22 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 23 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 24 3 days solo in London
- 25 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?