I'm a 19yr old american female and I am going to be a Au Pair in Nice, France for the summer. The family also spends 3 weeks of August in Puglia, Italy I believe at Torre Lapillo. I will have nights and weekends off. My concerns are language barriers. I'm attempting to pick up on french but I am not doing very well...do many people know english in France/Italy? Also where should I visit when I have weekends off? I'd really like to visit Paris and the Cinque Terre. I am still trying to understand the train/metro system. I'm concerned about getting around and traveling without knowing much of the language. Any tips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Romania - Good destination for 2017
- 2 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 3 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 4 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 5 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 7 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 8 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 9 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 10 Germany family road trip help!
- 11 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 12 Santorini lodging
- 13 Barcelona
- 14 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 15 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 16 Prague
- 17 Ischia
- 18 No Periods in British Written English!
- 19 Spain and South of France
- 20 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 21 Overnight at Heathrow
- 22 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 23 France, UK and Ireland
- 24 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 25 Ronda Wine/biking