I'm a 19yr old american female and I am going to be a Au Pair in Nice, France for the summer. The family also spends 3 weeks of August in Puglia, Italy I believe at Torre Lapillo. I will have nights and weekends off. My concerns are language barriers. I'm attempting to pick up on french but I am not doing very well...do many people know english in France/Italy? Also where should I visit when I have weekends off? I'd really like to visit Paris and the Cinque Terre. I am still trying to understand the train/metro system. I'm concerned about getting around and traveling without knowing much of the language. Any tips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 2 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 3 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 4 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 5 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 6 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 7 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 If you had to choose one......
- 10 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 11 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 12 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 13 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 14 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Portugal with large family
- 17 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 18 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 Croatia
- 21 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 22 Croatia trip Planning
- 23 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Church service in Dubrovnik