During May public holidays in Germany we will be in Rothenburg on May 17th (Ascension Day) and Munich on May 27 and 28 (Pentecost). Will most museums and major tourist sights be open or closed? Do many of the restaurants close on these days? In Munich my research indicates that the Deutsches Museum is open but the Pinakothek art museums are closed. Will beer gardens be closed??, please tell me that won't happen!! I'd like to know what to expect as our scheduled days in Munich are May 27, 28 & 29th. Thanks for any help. Deborah
Closings to expect in Germany during May public holidays
- 1 Almalfi in Late March??
- 2 car hire france and spain
- 3 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 4 15 days in Central Europe
- 5 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas
- 6 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 7 Help with Colosseum Underground tour needed
- 8 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 9 Holocaust tours
- 10 Car Rental Locations
- 11 Has anyone sent a "care package" to a student studying abroad?
- 12 London Evening Activity
- 13 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 14 Barcelona experts PLEASE pick which of these 2,apartments I should rent
- 15 Family trip to Paris for 3 days
- 16 Planning my days in Paris
- 17 Retirement Vacation
- 18 UK flexipass best option?
- 19 Tool for comparing train cost with and without Eurail
- 20 Florence, Capri and Amalfi
- 21 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 22 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant
- 23 French Riviera Overview
- 24 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 25 Southeast England - more planning ?