My husband and I are on a three day trip to Rome this May and plan to visit the Borghese gallery in Rome. We will reach Rome by train at 10.15 am and the English guided tour of the gallery begins at 11.10 am. So, I'm hoping to get some helpful suggestions in this Forum regarding the following:
1. Do trains in Italy (Eurostar train in our case) run on time? Or do they frequently arrive later than indicated in the time table?
2. Since we don't have too much time, what's the best thing to do with our luggage - probably 2 small suitcases? Does the cloak room at the gallery have facilities to keep suitcases too? or only backpacks and the like.
3. If the cloakroom is unlikely to provide space, then should we use the left luggage services at the train station? Is it safe?
Would appreciate any pointers.
Cloak room facility in Borghese gallery
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time to UK since 2001
- 2 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 3 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 4 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 5 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 6 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 7 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 8 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 9 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 10 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 11 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 12 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 13 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 14 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 15 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 16 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 17 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 18 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 19 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 20 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 21 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 22 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 23 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 24 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 25 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction