My husband and I are on a three day trip to Rome this May and plan to visit the Borghese gallery in Rome. We will reach Rome by train at 10.15 am and the English guided tour of the gallery begins at 11.10 am. So, I'm hoping to get some helpful suggestions in this Forum regarding the following:
1. Do trains in Italy (Eurostar train in our case) run on time? Or do they frequently arrive later than indicated in the time table?
2. Since we don't have too much time, what's the best thing to do with our luggage - probably 2 small suitcases? Does the cloak room at the gallery have facilities to keep suitcases too? or only backpacks and the like.
3. If the cloakroom is unlikely to provide space, then should we use the left luggage services at the train station? Is it safe?
Would appreciate any pointers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 2 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 3 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 4 Engadine Valley help
- 5 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 6 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 7 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 8 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 9 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 10 Honeymoon in Greece
- 11 Italy for Christmas Week
- 12 A Month stay in Southern France
- 13 Shoes in Scotland
- 14 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 15 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 16 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 17 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 18 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 19 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 20 Portugal with large family
- 21 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 22 restaurants in Marais district
- 23 Sicily
- 24 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 25 Palazzo Ravizza or Il Battistero-Siena?