I decided to start a new thread on this to keep things clear! We are heading to Sicily in early September and will spend 2 nights in Taormina or near Etna. We are interested in climbing Mt. Etna on our full day there. We are in our early 30s and love to hike. But, I am seeing some posts that Etna is not worth hiking--the views are not that great, it is crowded, etc. Does anyone have experience with this? What is it like to climb it? Also, do we need to do a tour or can we just drive there and hike it ourselves? I saw something bout 4x4 tours, but we'd really like to hike it, if that's possible in one day. Any insights are much appreciated. Thank you!
Climbing Mt. Etna
- 1 Last monte Paris apartment
- 2 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 3 jungfraujoch mid june
- 4 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 5 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 6 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 7 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 8 Amalfi Coast and Transportation Help Needed
- 9 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 10 Nice
- 11 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 12 Cuenca or Toledo
- 13 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests
- 14 Wimpy's
- 15 HELP stuck in Italy
- 16 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 17 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 18 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 19 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 20 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 21 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 22 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 23 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 24 Transportation from Venice Island to Treviso Airport?
- 25 charming small French city for weeklong stay?