My husband and I are planning our first trip to Ireland in April (my dream trip!). We will be there for two weeks, and planned to stay in Clifden at the end of the 2nd week.
This happens to be the same time as the Clifden Trad Music Festival (April 13-15). So now I have a dilemma. My original plan was to stay in Clifden April 10-13 and head back to Dublin on the 13th (we leave on the 15th from Dublin) and spend the 14th in Dublin. However, now I am wondering if it would be worth it to stick around for the opening night of the festival on April 13 and head back to Dublin on the 14th and just skip seeing Dublin all together (we're heading straight from landing in Dublin to Dingle when we arrive - already planned).
Has anyone been to the festival? Would it be worth it to stick around? Or would it be worth it more to spend a full day in Dublin?
Thanks for any insight!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 6 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 9 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 10 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 11 Towersey, London
- 12 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 13 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 Amalfi Coast help
- 16 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 17 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 18 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 19 Ireland in April
- 20 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 A few days outside Rome
- 24 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden