My husband and I are planning our first trip to Ireland in April (my dream trip!). We will be there for two weeks, and planned to stay in Clifden at the end of the 2nd week.
This happens to be the same time as the Clifden Trad Music Festival (April 13-15). So now I have a dilemma. My original plan was to stay in Clifden April 10-13 and head back to Dublin on the 13th (we leave on the 15th from Dublin) and spend the 14th in Dublin. However, now I am wondering if it would be worth it to stick around for the opening night of the festival on April 13 and head back to Dublin on the 14th and just skip seeing Dublin all together (we're heading straight from landing in Dublin to Dingle when we arrive - already planned).
Has anyone been to the festival? Would it be worth it to stick around? Or would it be worth it more to spend a full day in Dublin?
Thanks for any insight!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 2 Lyon
- 3 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 4 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 5 What do after Bernia Express?
- 6 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 7 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 10 French theater in Paris
- 11 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 12 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 15 Germany family road trip help!
- 16 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 17 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 18 Barcelona
- 19 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 20 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 21 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Italian lakes
- 24 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 25 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?