My daughter (11) came home from school saying she wanted to join the travel club, and that there was a planned trip to London and Paris. (Personally, I think this is much too young to go to Europe with a school group, and will break the news to her soon.) But I starting thinking... If I were to plan a European trip for kids (ages 11 - 13), I'm not sure I'd pick London or Paris. I think that kids that age might find a trip visiting Ireland or Scotland more memorable, mainly for the castles, the people, etc. Where would YOU suggest as the best place in Europe for a trip for kids ages 11 -13? (My European experience is limited to Spain, when I was in High School).
Class Trip to Europe - where's the best place?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 2 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 3 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 4 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 5 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 6 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 7 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 8 Lake como
- 9 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 10 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 11 Itinerary Questions
- 12 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 A full week in The Netherlands
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 17 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 18 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 19 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 20 Train travel in Europe
- 21 Prague Main Train Station
- 22 Place to propose
- 23 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 24 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 25 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration