My daughter (11) came home from school saying she wanted to join the travel club, and that there was a planned trip to London and Paris. (Personally, I think this is much too young to go to Europe with a school group, and will break the news to her soon.) But I starting thinking... If I were to plan a European trip for kids (ages 11 - 13), I'm not sure I'd pick London or Paris. I think that kids that age might find a trip visiting Ireland or Scotland more memorable, mainly for the castles, the people, etc. Where would YOU suggest as the best place in Europe for a trip for kids ages 11 -13? (My European experience is limited to Spain, when I was in High School).
Class Trip to Europe - where's the best place?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 2 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 3 Rocamaxour
- 4 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 5 France in 2003
- 6 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 7 Maratea
- 8 Travel from Budapest to Rovinj, Croatia
- 9 2 different itineraries
- 10 Insight coach tours of Italy & France
- 11 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 12 10 Day trip and want to see Rome - Florence - Cinque Terre - Venice
- 13 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 16 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 17 Home Base in Belgium
- 18 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 19 Now for the Venice hotel
- 20 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 21 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 22 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?
- 23 Arles as a base?
- 24 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 25 My Camino de Santiago