Before I book an alternative , i am looking for some advice please.
I am having difficulty booking the CNL train from Amsterdam to Munich on the DB website for a date in June.
I made many attempts just to be foiled at the last step with a message saying that an error occurred.
I checked with my banks regarding my credit cards ( even though I had already used one successfully for a ticket between Germany and Switzerland) and finally rang DB on their Uk contact number. I was told that there is night track-work happening but I should be able to catch it from Arnhem.
Before I push the button on this option, I need to know that I can get from Amsterdam to Arnhem. Maybe I am overthinking this but if the CNL cant run this route , wouldn't there be issue for normal trains? Would it be fine if I caught a 'daytime' train to Arnhem (i.e. before the night-works started)?
The train also stops at Utrecht but my DB advice didn't suggest catching the train there.
Can anyone who lives in The Netherlands or train experts shed any light or direct me to a website I can look at .
Thanks for any assistance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin Leap Card
- 2 Vatican City questions
- 3 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 4 3 weeks - Helsinki-Tallinn-Riga-Vilnius - Aug/Sept.
- 5 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 6 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 7 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 8 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 9 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 10 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 11 Piedmont as a destination
- 12 dinner jackets
- 13 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Garda Land
- 16 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 17 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 18 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 19 2 weeks Europe trip
- 20 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 21 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 22 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Cordoba Overnight?
- 25 SPB White Nights boat tours