I am planning to celebrate my 50th birthday in Italy in June. I have been to Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan, Tuscany, and the Lake Como area. Now, Cinque Terre and Positano (the Amalfi Coast) are on my bucket list. After perusing all the guide books, I am more confused than ever. It seems to be too much to combine the two in one trip. I know June is a busy time of year, but I really want to be there on my b'day; so, any suggestions? Does it make sense to combine CT with Pisa? I may end up traveling alone; so, that is also a factor as I would enjoy being in a place with enough to keep me occupied...don't necessarily want to just lounge on a beach as I live in Florida. Is there any place/thing I may not have considered? Thanks for any advice!
Cinque Terre or Amalfi Coast
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 2 Venice, just arrived
- 3 Warsaw for the week-end / language question
- 4 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 5 Chip and Pin
- 6 France: which maps?
- 7 first family trip to Switzerland
- 8 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 9 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 10 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 11 Car vs Train in Switzerland
- 12 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 13 German Rail Pass Questions
- 14 Train from Frankfurt to Madrid
- 15 Greece Travel Planning for 2015
- 16 Ghent or Paris?
- 17 England in November - Comments on Itinerary?
- 18 Venice - boats on canals
- 19 Good Paris Self-guided Walking Tour Book?
- 20 Guidance and help for Europe trip by train.
- 21 What Bus/buses
- 22 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 23 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 24 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 25 How do you organize yourself on vacation?