I am planning to celebrate my 50th birthday in Italy in June. I have been to Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan, Tuscany, and the Lake Como area. Now, Cinque Terre and Positano (the Amalfi Coast) are on my bucket list. After perusing all the guide books, I am more confused than ever. It seems to be too much to combine the two in one trip. I know June is a busy time of year, but I really want to be there on my b'day; so, any suggestions? Does it make sense to combine CT with Pisa? I may end up traveling alone; so, that is also a factor as I would enjoy being in a place with enough to keep me occupied...don't necessarily want to just lounge on a beach as I live in Florida. Is there any place/thing I may not have considered? Thanks for any advice!
Cinque Terre or Amalfi Coast
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 3 Condor Long-Haul Business Class
- 4 history museums or locations
- 5 Italy dolomites
- 6 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 7 22 year olds in Europe
- 8 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 9 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 10 Good times in Munich, the city
- 11 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 12 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 15 Cylades Island Hopping
- 16 One week in Spain, late May
- 17 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 18 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 19 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 20 Day roadtrips from Munich base
- 21 Berlin Prague Vienna Munich
- 22 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 23 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 24 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 25 5 Observations About Paris