CT is a very popular topic here (FYI, I have gone through a few threads) so I thought I might be able to get some valuable input from everyone!
I'm planning a trip there in late November/early December, staying in Manarola for two nights. I was wondering if that period is usually still a largely wet one for all the villages, or if it's October that I should be worried about?
My main concern is if it's going to end up raining the whole time I'm there, as I heard that there isn't much else to do in the villages other than hiking (and probably swimming, but not in winter I imagine? Besides I don't swim anyway!)
Given that 3 out of 5 of the Azure trails are closed at the moment, would a day trip to CT suffice? Also, are all the train tracks open between the villages--does anyone know?
My alternative itinerary would be to spend more time in Florence with a day trip to Siena.
Ps. I also have another thread that needs answering please! http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/vienna-to-venice-overnight-train-in-winter.cfm
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alitala
- 2 First Solo Adventure
- 3 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 6 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 7 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 8 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 9 Georgia in 4 days
- 10 Where should I go with my family?
- 11 First Solo Adventure
- 12 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 13 PARIS
- 14 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 15 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 18 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 19 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 20 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 21 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 22 Stu Tower
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 25 Tour or self drive Douro?
Cinque Terre in November--stay there, or day trip (given the weather)?