CT is a very popular topic here (FYI, I have gone through a few threads) so I thought I might be able to get some valuable input from everyone!
I'm planning a trip there in late November/early December, staying in Manarola for two nights. I was wondering if that period is usually still a largely wet one for all the villages, or if it's October that I should be worried about?
My main concern is if it's going to end up raining the whole time I'm there, as I heard that there isn't much else to do in the villages other than hiking (and probably swimming, but not in winter I imagine? Besides I don't swim anyway!)
Given that 3 out of 5 of the Azure trails are closed at the moment, would a day trip to CT suffice? Also, are all the train tracks open between the villages--does anyone know?
My alternative itinerary would be to spend more time in Florence with a day trip to Siena.
Ps. I also have another thread that needs answering please! http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/vienna-to-venice-overnight-train-in-winter.cfm
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Couscous
- 2 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 3 Cartagena Spain
- 4 Snowmobile tracks in Lapland
- 5 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 6 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 7 Trip to Switzerland
- 8 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 9 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 10 Itinery help Crete
- 11 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 12 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 13 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 14 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 15 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 16 TIM in FCO - update
- 17 Threat Level in UK
- 18 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 19 London in Winter Report
- 20 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 21 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 22 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 23 3 nights in Madrid
- 24 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 25 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
Cinque Terre in November--stay there, or day trip (given the weather)?