CT is a very popular topic here (FYI, I have gone through a few threads) so I thought I might be able to get some valuable input from everyone!
I'm planning a trip there in late November/early December, staying in Manarola for two nights. I was wondering if that period is usually still a largely wet one for all the villages, or if it's October that I should be worried about?
My main concern is if it's going to end up raining the whole time I'm there, as I heard that there isn't much else to do in the villages other than hiking (and probably swimming, but not in winter I imagine? Besides I don't swim anyway!)
Given that 3 out of 5 of the Azure trails are closed at the moment, would a day trip to CT suffice? Also, are all the train tracks open between the villages--does anyone know?
My alternative itinerary would be to spend more time in Florence with a day trip to Siena.
Ps. I also have another thread that needs answering please! http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/vienna-to-venice-overnight-train-in-winter.cfm
Cinque Terre in November--stay there, or day trip (given the weather)?
- 1 Need some help credit card for hotels in italy
- 2 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 3 3 week trip Western Turkey
- 4 Traveling to Fenegrò Province of Como, Italy from Rome, Italy
- 5 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 6 Home base in Provence in July
- 7 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 8 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 9 Drive Rome Florence
- 10 10 Day Trip to Turkey
- 11 Moving to Spain
- 12 culinary classes in Biarritz/San Sebastian
- 13 Dingle to Galway help please, leave in less than 2 weeks
- 14 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 15 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 16 Granada on Sunday
- 17 9 or 10 night Spain itinerary
- 18 Formal Tours of the Marais paris
- 19 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 20 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 21 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 22 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 23 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 24 Barajas, Terminal 1 to Terminal 2.
- 25 Advance Eurostar Tickets