CT is a very popular topic here (FYI, I have gone through a few threads) so I thought I might be able to get some valuable input from everyone!
I'm planning a trip there in late November/early December, staying in Manarola for two nights. I was wondering if that period is usually still a largely wet one for all the villages, or if it's October that I should be worried about?
My main concern is if it's going to end up raining the whole time I'm there, as I heard that there isn't much else to do in the villages other than hiking (and probably swimming, but not in winter I imagine? Besides I don't swim anyway!)
Given that 3 out of 5 of the Azure trails are closed at the moment, would a day trip to CT suffice? Also, are all the train tracks open between the villages--does anyone know?
My alternative itinerary would be to spend more time in Florence with a day trip to Siena.
Ps. I also have another thread that needs answering please! http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/vienna-to-venice-overnight-train-in-winter.cfm
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland travel passport question
- 2 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 3 San Sebastian
- 4 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 5 Planning a European Trip
- 6 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 7 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 8 Lisbon trip report
- 9 restaurants in Marais district
- 10 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 11 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 12 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 13 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 14 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 15 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 16 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 21 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 22 Norway Itinerary
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 25 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
Cinque Terre in November--stay there, or day trip (given the weather)?