I am keen to stay in Cinque Terre for couple of days and just spend my days hiking around from one town to the other. Obviously, my timing couldn't be worse. Early August means it will be full of tourists, most rooms are booked and day-trippers would be abundant.
Having said that, is it still worthwhile? Or is it so unbearable that I might as well keep it for the future? I don't think I would get to visit Italy anytime soon in next few years, and gosh, what if I get too old and lazy to hike all towns?
Many think, from what I have read on this forum, that it is over-rated. Is it over-rated even for a first-timer in Italy?
Is it worthwhile to stay in any other town nearby, like La Spezia, Portofino, and make my way to the towns every day? I don't like the sound of it, however. But if anybody has done that, and found it better than being amidst hordes whole day, please share your experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 태양성카지노━▶⋊【→ SO224。COM ←】⋉◀━슈퍼카지노
- 2 페가수스카지노━▶⋊【→ SO224。COM ←】⋉◀━슈퍼카지노
- 3 레드카지노━▶⋊【→ SO224。COM ←】⋉◀━슈퍼카지노
- 4 International Flight Question
- 5 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 6 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 7 Another tipping question: concierges
- 8 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 9 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 10 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 11 Back from Paris
- 12 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 13 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 14 Luggage Storage
- 15 LIsbon
- 16 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 17 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 18 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 19 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 20 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 21 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 25 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
Cinque Terre in early August: Nightmare or still worthwhile?