I will be spending two nights (2,5 days) in La Spezia in the end of August before heading to Florence. I will be traveling with my mom, 52 yo.
We have already considered getting those boat passes that allow you to hop on and off in any of the 5 cinque terre villas for the whole day and we will most likely want to combine this boat ticket with "cinque terre train card" as well, just to make sure we enjoy the most out of this experience.
At first I was only planning to get on the boat or train and get off at the towns to visit it and then jump into the boat to discover the next one. However, I am also considering now to explore one of the footpaths that connect he villages.
1) Would anyone be able to let me know which one of the paths below are the most beautiful for scenic views along the coast from the top? If not asking for too much, possible paths with olive trees and vineyards as well.
Vernazza - Drignana - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=14
Corniglia - Piana di Corniglia - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=17
Volastra - Case Pianca - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=16
Vernazza - Monterosso - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=10
Corniglia - Vernazza - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=9
Termine - Sant'Antonio - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=6
2) If we are combining it with train, should we start from south to north or north to south? I mean, where is the most beautiful place to see the sunset?
Thank you and great travels everyone!
Cheers from Brazil,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 2 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 3 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 6 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 7 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 8 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 9 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 10 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 Trains in Alps and UK
- 13 Switzerland
- 14 CDG airport and connection time
- 15 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 16 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 17 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 18 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 19 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 20 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 21 If you had to choose one......
- 22 Where to buy Saffron?
- 23 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 24 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 25 Marksburg Castle Transport Question