I will be spending two nights (2,5 days) in La Spezia in the end of August before heading to Florence. I will be traveling with my mom, 52 yo.
We have already considered getting those boat passes that allow you to hop on and off in any of the 5 cinque terre villas for the whole day and we will most likely want to combine this boat ticket with "cinque terre train card" as well, just to make sure we enjoy the most out of this experience.
At first I was only planning to get on the boat or train and get off at the towns to visit it and then jump into the boat to discover the next one. However, I am also considering now to explore one of the footpaths that connect he villages.
1) Would anyone be able to let me know which one of the paths below are the most beautiful for scenic views along the coast from the top? If not asking for too much, possible paths with olive trees and vineyards as well.
Vernazza - Drignana - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=14
Corniglia - Piana di Corniglia - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=17
Volastra - Case Pianca - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=16
Vernazza - Monterosso - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=10
Corniglia - Vernazza - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=9
Termine - Sant'Antonio - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=6
2) If we are combining it with train, should we start from south to north or north to south? I mean, where is the most beautiful place to see the sunset?
Thank you and great travels everyone!
Cheers from Brazil,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seville to Cordoba
- 2 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 5 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 6 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 7 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 8 3 nights in Madrid
- 9 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 10 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 11 ATM
- 12 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 13 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 14 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 15 London 6 day itinerary
- 16 London Hotel - Different Request
- 17 Portugal rental car
- 18 Iceland trip report!
- 19 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 20 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 21 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 22 alcazar question and seville advice
- 23 Bernese Oberland
- 24 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 25 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)