I will be spending two nights (2,5 days) in La Spezia in the end of August before heading to Florence. I will be traveling with my mom, 52 yo.
We have already considered getting those boat passes that allow you to hop on and off in any of the 5 cinque terre villas for the whole day and we will most likely want to combine this boat ticket with "cinque terre train card" as well, just to make sure we enjoy the most out of this experience.
At first I was only planning to get on the boat or train and get off at the towns to visit it and then jump into the boat to discover the next one. However, I am also considering now to explore one of the footpaths that connect he villages.
1) Would anyone be able to let me know which one of the paths below are the most beautiful for scenic views along the coast from the top? If not asking for too much, possible paths with olive trees and vineyards as well.
Vernazza - Drignana - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=14
Corniglia - Piana di Corniglia - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=17
Volastra - Case Pianca - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=16
Vernazza - Monterosso - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=10
Corniglia - Vernazza - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=9
Termine - Sant'Antonio - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=6
2) If we are combining it with train, should we start from south to north or north to south? I mean, where is the most beautiful place to see the sunset?
Thank you and great travels everyone!
Cheers from Brazil,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 2 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 7 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 10 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 11 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 14 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 15 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 16 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 17 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 18 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 19 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 20 3 day trip to iceland
- 21 Alitala
- 22 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 23 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh