I will be spending two nights (2,5 days) in La Spezia in the end of August before heading to Florence. I will be traveling with my mom, 52 yo.
We have already considered getting those boat passes that allow you to hop on and off in any of the 5 cinque terre villas for the whole day and we will most likely want to combine this boat ticket with "cinque terre train card" as well, just to make sure we enjoy the most out of this experience.
At first I was only planning to get on the boat or train and get off at the towns to visit it and then jump into the boat to discover the next one. However, I am also considering now to explore one of the footpaths that connect he villages.
1) Would anyone be able to let me know which one of the paths below are the most beautiful for scenic views along the coast from the top? If not asking for too much, possible paths with olive trees and vineyards as well.
Vernazza - Drignana - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=14
Corniglia - Piana di Corniglia - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=17
Volastra - Case Pianca - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=16
Vernazza - Monterosso - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=10
Corniglia - Vernazza - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=9
Termine - Sant'Antonio - http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp?id_lingue=2&id_prodotto=6
2) If we are combining it with train, should we start from south to north or north to south? I mean, where is the most beautiful place to see the sunset?
Thank you and great travels everyone!
Cheers from Brazil,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 2 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 3 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 US foods not available in the UK
- 6 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 Amsterdam and...?
- 9 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 10 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 11 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 12 Andalucia Spain
- 13 Whistle stop family road trip
- 14 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 15 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 16 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 17 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 18 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 19 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 20 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 21 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 22 Driving in Italy
- 23 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 24 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 25 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?