Just registered today because of my question.
I am fortunate enough to have my mother come see Italy with me. We will be arriving in Venice from London to spend a few nights.
From there, I was thinking about surprising her by taking her to the villages I've heard so highly about in Cinque Terre. We will be there mid January. I was wondering if that is wise to go to CT in mid Jan for 4 nights?
Will there be plenty to do and learn for 4 nights in mid Jan? I figured it would be nice to travel during off-peak travel times.
I would be nervous to take her there and have it be cold, wet, ugly, boring? We will be leaving from CT to go to Rome by train: so instead of CT, should we go somewhere else or am I just worried for nothing?
She really deserves a nice vacation, so I want all the best for her on her first trip abroad!
Thanks for the help.
- 1 London at Xmas
- 2 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 3 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 4 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 5 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 6 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 7 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 8 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 9 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 10 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 11 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 12 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 13 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 14 Where are the best markets in Rome?
- 15 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas
- 16 Football (soccer) matches in July
- 17 BRITISH ISLES---GLOBUS TOURS
- 18 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 19 France by rail or car?
- 20 Which tour company would be best?
- 21 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 22 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 23 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 24 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 25 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?