Our family of 4 (me, hubby, son 22 and daughter 19) is planning our long desired Cristmas trip.We just want to experience the Christmas markets and atmosphere, which is much different from what we have in South Africa! We fly to Amsterdam (3 nights), then to Munchen (1 week in Schierslee (from where we would do day trips to the castles, maybe Salzburg and Inssbruck - we plan to hire a car in Munich), fly to Paris (6 nights) and then to London for New Year (4 nights). We have 3 nights left between Paris and London and my choice would be Brugge, however my husband and daughter would rather like to explore some of the smaller towns outside Paris. I would like some advice please. Should we rather stay in Paris 3 nights extra and do day trips from there or go to another town, hire a car and explore. How did we come up with the itinerary? My son wants to see Amsterdam and he loves beer, so we will go to Germany. My daughter wants to go to Paris and London.
Christmas trip Amsterdam, Bavaria, Paris, London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 2 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 3 Switzerland help...?
- 4 Base for a Week in Normandy or Brittany in July
- 5 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 6 Airport ATMs
- 7 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 8 London to Paris by train
- 9 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 10 Eastern Europe
- 11 First time to Switzerland
- 12 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 13 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 14 All Set To Go!!
- 15 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 16 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 17 4 weeks in the UK
- 18 Granada
- 19 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Ulysses S. Grant's European Tour?
- 21 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 22 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 23 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 24 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 25 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers