Our family of 4 (me, hubby, son 22 and daughter 19) is planning our long desired Cristmas trip.We just want to experience the Christmas markets and atmosphere, which is much different from what we have in South Africa! We fly to Amsterdam (3 nights), then to Munchen (1 week in Schierslee (from where we would do day trips to the castles, maybe Salzburg and Inssbruck - we plan to hire a car in Munich), fly to Paris (6 nights) and then to London for New Year (4 nights). We have 3 nights left between Paris and London and my choice would be Brugge, however my husband and daughter would rather like to explore some of the smaller towns outside Paris. I would like some advice please. Should we rather stay in Paris 3 nights extra and do day trips from there or go to another town, hire a car and explore. How did we come up with the itinerary? My son wants to see Amsterdam and he loves beer, so we will go to Germany. My daughter wants to go to Paris and London.
Christmas trip Amsterdam, Bavaria, Paris, London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 2 Provence in April, 2014, Part 2
- 3 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 4 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 5 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 6 10-Hr Auto Tour o Lisbon,Portugal
- 7 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 8 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 9 Tour Belgium, the Netherlands and Switzerland On Line (Video + Stills)
- 10 Car travel within Regensburg during the Christmas season
- 11 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 12 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 13 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 14 Best neighborhood for Rome?
- 15 Lucerne Switzerland
- 16 Tipping in the UK
- 17 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 18 at what point should one get health insurance
- 19 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 20 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 21 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 22 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 23 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 24 How many pairs of shoes would you bring for a EuroTrip?
- 25 Which is a better hotel location in Rome