We are planning to be in Italy in late december for Christmas & NYE. We are two adults and a kid of 5 years. We are flying into Milan and from there to Venice, Florence, Rome, Naples & back to Milan.
21st Dec - Reach Milan in the morning and same day transfer to Venice by train.
22nd n 23rd - Venice
24th n 25th - Florence
26th through 30th - Rome
31st n 1st - Naples
2nd - back to Milan n return flight to Home
- Will it be very cold? We are from North India where temperatures go about 4-5°C in Dec-Jan so we are used to it. Only issue is that we have been living in Guatemala City from last 4 years so recently not used to these kind of temperatures as here it rarely goes below 10-12°C, But do not think that it will be a problem.
- What about the Flooding situation?
- I know that 2 days is not enough for this place but maybe we will return back later.
- Thinking of giving Pisa a miss, or else Florence will get only 1.5 days.
- Does it rain a lot during that time ?
- I am sure temperatures will be much better than those in Venice.
- Want to be there only for the legendary Fireworks on NYE, is it actually worth it ?
- 1st Jan, planning a day trip to Amalfi Coast from Naples.
- Does this Naples part makes sense or we should be there in Rome for the NYE as well, only plan a day trip from Rome to the Amalfi coast. ??
- Other option is to stay in Positano for the NYE and be there till 2nd morning and then leave for Milan. Only hesitation is the weather in that area and climbing the Steep Steps with the kid.
All the helps and suggestions will be appreciated. I am going throught all the already available material on this Forum and it is helping a lot !!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON@ printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Care 24x7
- 2 HOTMAIL@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Care 24x7
- 3 Natural History Museum: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- 4 Now to Madrid
- 5 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 6 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 7 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 8 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 9 Sicily: which coast?
- 10 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 13 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 14 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 15 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 16 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 17 3 days solo in London
- 18 Chania
- 19 Edinbrugh
- 20 Berlin to ?
- 21 Hotels in Turin
- 22 Help on ancient history route
- 23 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 24 Studying art in English in venice
- 25 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries