We are planning to be in Italy in late december for Christmas & NYE. We are two adults and a kid of 5 years. We are flying into Milan and from there to Venice, Florence, Rome, Naples & back to Milan.
21st Dec - Reach Milan in the morning and same day transfer to Venice by train.
22nd n 23rd - Venice
24th n 25th - Florence
26th through 30th - Rome
31st n 1st - Naples
2nd - back to Milan n return flight to Home
- Will it be very cold? We are from North India where temperatures go about 4-5°C in Dec-Jan so we are used to it. Only issue is that we have been living in Guatemala City from last 4 years so recently not used to these kind of temperatures as here it rarely goes below 10-12°C, But do not think that it will be a problem.
- What about the Flooding situation?
- I know that 2 days is not enough for this place but maybe we will return back later.
- Thinking of giving Pisa a miss, or else Florence will get only 1.5 days.
- Does it rain a lot during that time ?
- I am sure temperatures will be much better than those in Venice.
- Want to be there only for the legendary Fireworks on NYE, is it actually worth it ?
- 1st Jan, planning a day trip to Amalfi Coast from Naples.
- Does this Naples part makes sense or we should be there in Rome for the NYE as well, only plan a day trip from Rome to the Amalfi coast. ??
- Other option is to stay in Positano for the NYE and be there till 2nd morning and then leave for Milan. Only hesitation is the weather in that area and climbing the Steep Steps with the kid.
All the helps and suggestions will be appreciated. I am going throught all the already available material on this Forum and it is helping a lot !!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 8 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 13 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?