We are planning to be in Italy in late december for Christmas & NYE. We are two adults and a kid of 5 years. We are flying into Milan and from there to Venice, Florence, Rome, Naples & back to Milan.
21st Dec - Reach Milan in the morning and same day transfer to Venice by train.
22nd n 23rd - Venice
24th n 25th - Florence
26th through 30th - Rome
31st n 1st - Naples
2nd - back to Milan n return flight to Home
- Will it be very cold? We are from North India where temperatures go about 4-5°C in Dec-Jan so we are used to it. Only issue is that we have been living in Guatemala City from last 4 years so recently not used to these kind of temperatures as here it rarely goes below 10-12°C, But do not think that it will be a problem.
- What about the Flooding situation?
- I know that 2 days is not enough for this place but maybe we will return back later.
- Thinking of giving Pisa a miss, or else Florence will get only 1.5 days.
- Does it rain a lot during that time ?
- I am sure temperatures will be much better than those in Venice.
- Want to be there only for the legendary Fireworks on NYE, is it actually worth it ?
- 1st Jan, planning a day trip to Amalfi Coast from Naples.
- Does this Naples part makes sense or we should be there in Rome for the NYE as well, only plan a day trip from Rome to the Amalfi coast. ??
- Other option is to stay in Positano for the NYE and be there till 2nd morning and then leave for Milan. Only hesitation is the weather in that area and climbing the Steep Steps with the kid.
All the helps and suggestions will be appreciated. I am going throught all the already available material on this Forum and it is helping a lot !!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 2 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 3 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 4 Self drive tour companies
- 5 scotland
- 6 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 Ischia
- 9 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 10 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 11 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 12 Barcelona
- 13 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 14 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 15 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 16 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 17 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 18 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 19 No Periods in British Written English!
- 20 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 23 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 24 First time in London
- 25 Dinner get-together in Paris?