We are planning to be in Italy in late december for Christmas & NYE. We are two adults and a kid of 5 years. We are flying into Milan and from there to Venice, Florence, Rome, Naples & back to Milan.
21st Dec - Reach Milan in the morning and same day transfer to Venice by train.
22nd n 23rd - Venice
24th n 25th - Florence
26th through 30th - Rome
31st n 1st - Naples
2nd - back to Milan n return flight to Home
- Will it be very cold? We are from North India where temperatures go about 4-5°C in Dec-Jan so we are used to it. Only issue is that we have been living in Guatemala City from last 4 years so recently not used to these kind of temperatures as here it rarely goes below 10-12°C, But do not think that it will be a problem.
- What about the Flooding situation?
- I know that 2 days is not enough for this place but maybe we will return back later.
- Thinking of giving Pisa a miss, or else Florence will get only 1.5 days.
- Does it rain a lot during that time ?
- I am sure temperatures will be much better than those in Venice.
- Want to be there only for the legendary Fireworks on NYE, is it actually worth it ?
- 1st Jan, planning a day trip to Amalfi Coast from Naples.
- Does this Naples part makes sense or we should be there in Rome for the NYE as well, only plan a day trip from Rome to the Amalfi coast. ??
- Other option is to stay in Positano for the NYE and be there till 2nd morning and then leave for Milan. Only hesitation is the weather in that area and climbing the Steep Steps with the kid.
All the helps and suggestions will be appreciated. I am going throught all the already available material on this Forum and it is helping a lot !!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10X : AOL mail Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681 :7208 AOL 24*7
- 2 bokus : YAHOO Te^ch SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:540:6830
- 3 International drivers permit
- 4 Help me make this possible!
- 5 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 6 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 7 First visit to London
- 8 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 9 ATM
- 10 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 11 ATM help
- 12 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 13 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 15 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 16 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 17 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 18 Spain Itinerary
- 19 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 20 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 21 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 22 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 23 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 24 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 25 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice