Hello - its just January and already the family is looking ahead to Christmas 2013. The current concensus is to spend a week in Rome and then head 'somewhere' else, maybe warmer or not, maybe urban or not for the second week. Since this will likely be the last 'family' vacation/holiday for a few years, (the 'children' will be 24 and 26), I want to make it special and budget is generous. I am hoping to rent an apartment in Rome for the Christmas week but am wondering about availability of restaurants for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day....will cooking in be the best idea? One idea tossed out was to spend the second week in Tunisia...then someone said Morocco followed by Dubrovnik (a favorite of the grandparents). We've been fortunate to travel a few times to Italy, France, Spain and Germany so far. Does anyone have insights into the Christmas holiday in Rome and ideas on where to go for that second week? We are willing to hop on a plane for the second destination. Thanks!
Christmas in Rome followed by???
- 1 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 2 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 3 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 4 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 5 Best area for wine and which one?
- 6 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 7 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 8 Northern Italy second week of June 2013
- 9 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 10 Has anyone attended the Landshut Wedding of 1475 celebration?
- 11 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 12 ATMs in Prague, Vienna for Bank of America?
- 13 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 14 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 15 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 16 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 17 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 18 Apartment in Seville
- 19 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 20 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 21 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 22 January 29 - March 27, 2014
- 23 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 24 Ovington Square Flat
- 25 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)