Hello - its just January and already the family is looking ahead to Christmas 2013. The current concensus is to spend a week in Rome and then head 'somewhere' else, maybe warmer or not, maybe urban or not for the second week. Since this will likely be the last 'family' vacation/holiday for a few years, (the 'children' will be 24 and 26), I want to make it special and budget is generous. I am hoping to rent an apartment in Rome for the Christmas week but am wondering about availability of restaurants for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day....will cooking in be the best idea? One idea tossed out was to spend the second week in Tunisia...then someone said Morocco followed by Dubrovnik (a favorite of the grandparents). We've been fortunate to travel a few times to Italy, France, Spain and Germany so far. Does anyone have insights into the Christmas holiday in Rome and ideas on where to go for that second week? We are willing to hop on a plane for the second destination. Thanks!
Christmas in Rome followed by???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 2 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 3 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 4 Christmas Day in Scuol
- 5 Trains in Europe
- 6 3 weeks in Sicily
- 7 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 8 Seville - Easter weekend - Delays? Crowds?
- 9 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 10 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 11 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 12 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 13 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 14 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 15 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 16 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 17 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 18 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 19 In the event you believe the nonsense next applying
- 20 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 21 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 22 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 23 Raining in rome
- 24 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 25 Activ holiday in Andalusia