Hello - its just January and already the family is looking ahead to Christmas 2013. The current concensus is to spend a week in Rome and then head 'somewhere' else, maybe warmer or not, maybe urban or not for the second week. Since this will likely be the last 'family' vacation/holiday for a few years, (the 'children' will be 24 and 26), I want to make it special and budget is generous. I am hoping to rent an apartment in Rome for the Christmas week but am wondering about availability of restaurants for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day....will cooking in be the best idea? One idea tossed out was to spend the second week in Tunisia...then someone said Morocco followed by Dubrovnik (a favorite of the grandparents). We've been fortunate to travel a few times to Italy, France, Spain and Germany so far. Does anyone have insights into the Christmas holiday in Rome and ideas on where to go for that second week? We are willing to hop on a plane for the second destination. Thanks!
Christmas in Rome followed by???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 2 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 3 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 4 Scotland November 2015
- 5 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 6 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 7 Southern Spain
- 8 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 9 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 10 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 11 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 12 1 week in the Cyclades
- 13 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 14 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 15 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 16 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 17 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 18 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 19 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 20 Schengen Visa Rules
- 21 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 22 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 23 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 24 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 25 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe