Hello - its just January and already the family is looking ahead to Christmas 2013. The current concensus is to spend a week in Rome and then head 'somewhere' else, maybe warmer or not, maybe urban or not for the second week. Since this will likely be the last 'family' vacation/holiday for a few years, (the 'children' will be 24 and 26), I want to make it special and budget is generous. I am hoping to rent an apartment in Rome for the Christmas week but am wondering about availability of restaurants for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day....will cooking in be the best idea? One idea tossed out was to spend the second week in Tunisia...then someone said Morocco followed by Dubrovnik (a favorite of the grandparents). We've been fortunate to travel a few times to Italy, France, Spain and Germany so far. Does anyone have insights into the Christmas holiday in Rome and ideas on where to go for that second week? We are willing to hop on a plane for the second destination. Thanks!
Christmas in Rome followed by???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel in Venice
- 2 London day trips, especially castles
- 3 Day trips from Marseille
- 4 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 5 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 6 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 7 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 8 A drive in Europe
- 9 Zurich, Switzerland
- 10 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 11 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 14 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 15 Day trips
- 16 London tube
- 17 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 18 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 19 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 20 Swiss rail passes
- 21 Day trip on the Rhine
- 22 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 23 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 24 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 25 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt