Hello - its just January and already the family is looking ahead to Christmas 2013. The current concensus is to spend a week in Rome and then head 'somewhere' else, maybe warmer or not, maybe urban or not for the second week. Since this will likely be the last 'family' vacation/holiday for a few years, (the 'children' will be 24 and 26), I want to make it special and budget is generous. I am hoping to rent an apartment in Rome for the Christmas week but am wondering about availability of restaurants for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day....will cooking in be the best idea? One idea tossed out was to spend the second week in Tunisia...then someone said Morocco followed by Dubrovnik (a favorite of the grandparents). We've been fortunate to travel a few times to Italy, France, Spain and Germany so far. Does anyone have insights into the Christmas holiday in Rome and ideas on where to go for that second week? We are willing to hop on a plane for the second destination. Thanks!
Christmas in Rome followed by???
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 2 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Madrid to Sevilla
- 5 Ireland in a week
- 6 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 7 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 8 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 9 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 10 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 11 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 12 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 17 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 18 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 19 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 20 7 days in Andalucia
- 21 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 22 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 23 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 24 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 25 A Month in Bologna Photos/Blog TR