Good evening, all!
I am planning a surprise 65th birthday trip to Ireland for my husband as I found $650 RT tix on AerLingus. We leave Dec. 15 and return home Dec. 28. I'm thrilled as I've read that there are a number of great holiday markets in Ireland.
I am trying to figure out which markets to see. When we were in Ireland the first time, we spent basically one day each in Dingle, Killarney, Blarney, Waterford, and Kilkenny. I think we spent 2 in Dublin.... I don't want a whirlwind tour again.
I've read that there are good markets in Waterford, Cork, Killarney, Limerick, Galway, and Dublin. At this point, I'm thinking we should spend Christmas Eve and Day in Dublin. I'm thinking about doing Galway and Limerick since we have not been there before. But then I wonder if I should plan on Killarney instead of Galway.
If anyone can give me some advice or recommendations, I would appreciate it.
As a side note, I don't want a car, so we'll be taking the train. Oh! His grandfather was from Limerick (Grandma was from Cork.).
PS.... I wanted to stay in a castle over Christmas, but the costs are way too high.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dell @printer reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 tec*h support
- 2 CHARTER@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre24/7
- 3 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 6 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 7 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 8 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 9 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 10 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 11 London with Teens Trip Report
- 12 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 13 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 14 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 17 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 18 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 19 Madrird and Seville
- 20 Greece
- 21 Ludwig Castles
- 22 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 23 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 24 Lake Como AREA questions
- 25 RS view on booking.com & the like
Good evening, all!