Good evening, all!
I am planning a surprise 65th birthday trip to Ireland for my husband as I found $650 RT tix on AerLingus. We leave Dec. 15 and return home Dec. 28. I'm thrilled as I've read that there are a number of great holiday markets in Ireland.
I am trying to figure out which markets to see. When we were in Ireland the first time, we spent basically one day each in Dingle, Killarney, Blarney, Waterford, and Kilkenny. I think we spent 2 in Dublin.... I don't want a whirlwind tour again.
I've read that there are good markets in Waterford, Cork, Killarney, Limerick, Galway, and Dublin. At this point, I'm thinking we should spend Christmas Eve and Day in Dublin. I'm thinking about doing Galway and Limerick since we have not been there before. But then I wonder if I should plan on Killarney instead of Galway.
If anyone can give me some advice or recommendations, I would appreciate it.
As a side note, I don't want a car, so we'll be taking the train. Oh! His grandfather was from Limerick (Grandma was from Cork.).
PS.... I wanted to stay in a castle over Christmas, but the costs are way too high.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany family road trip help!
- 2 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 3 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 4 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 5 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 6 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 7 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 8 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 9 9 days in London
- 10 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 11 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 12 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 13 Lyon
- 14 Self drive tour companies
- 15 Italian lakes
- 16 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 17 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 18 What do after Bernia Express?
- 19 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 20 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 21 France, UK and Ireland
- 22 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 23 French theater in Paris
- 24 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 25 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
Good evening, all!