Good evening, all!
I am planning a surprise 65th birthday trip to Ireland for my husband as I found $650 RT tix on AerLingus. We leave Dec. 15 and return home Dec. 28. I'm thrilled as I've read that there are a number of great holiday markets in Ireland.
I am trying to figure out which markets to see. When we were in Ireland the first time, we spent basically one day each in Dingle, Killarney, Blarney, Waterford, and Kilkenny. I think we spent 2 in Dublin.... I don't want a whirlwind tour again.
I've read that there are good markets in Waterford, Cork, Killarney, Limerick, Galway, and Dublin. At this point, I'm thinking we should spend Christmas Eve and Day in Dublin. I'm thinking about doing Galway and Limerick since we have not been there before. But then I wonder if I should plan on Killarney instead of Galway.
If anyone can give me some advice or recommendations, I would appreciate it.
As a side note, I don't want a car, so we'll be taking the train. Oh! His grandfather was from Limerick (Grandma was from Cork.).
PS.... I wanted to stay in a castle over Christmas, but the costs are way too high.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 2 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 3 Two days in Rome
- 4 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 5 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 6 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 7 PARIS
- 8 One free day in Barcelona
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 11 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 12 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 13 Spain: train/rental car help
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Germany or Sweden
- 16 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 17 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 18 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 19 Greek Village
- 20 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 23 Sicily help
- 24 Athens Help
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
Good evening, all!