Good evening, all!
I am planning a surprise 65th birthday trip to Ireland for my husband as I found $650 RT tix on AerLingus. We leave Dec. 15 and return home Dec. 28. I'm thrilled as I've read that there are a number of great holiday markets in Ireland.
I am trying to figure out which markets to see. When we were in Ireland the first time, we spent basically one day each in Dingle, Killarney, Blarney, Waterford, and Kilkenny. I think we spent 2 in Dublin.... I don't want a whirlwind tour again.
I've read that there are good markets in Waterford, Cork, Killarney, Limerick, Galway, and Dublin. At this point, I'm thinking we should spend Christmas Eve and Day in Dublin. I'm thinking about doing Galway and Limerick since we have not been there before. But then I wonder if I should plan on Killarney instead of Galway.
If anyone can give me some advice or recommendations, I would appreciate it.
As a side note, I don't want a car, so we'll be taking the train. Oh! His grandfather was from Limerick (Grandma was from Cork.).
PS.... I wanted to stay in a castle over Christmas, but the costs are way too high.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 2 Azores
- 3 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 6 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 7 Sundays in Puglia
- 8 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 9 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 10 Prague
- 11 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 12 2 Months in Sicily
- 13 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 14 What tips can you give about packing?
- 15 Sim Card Options
- 16 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 17 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 18 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 19 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 20 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 21 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 22 Greek Islands (small)
- 23 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 24 Scotland in 7 Days
- 25 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
Good evening, all!