My friends and I are going to Europe from mid dec to beginning of January. We'll be starting of from Rome and then plan to do Florence then Munich, bamberg, rohtenburg, neuschwanstein castle etc. I was really excited about being in Bavarian area during Christmas but it didn't hit me that a lot of places I wanna see including Christmas markets, castles, bamberg and rohtenburg etc might be closed during that time and there might be limited public transport aswell. So I need suggestions about how to go about it and if any places would be open to explore from around 24th dec to 26th. Or would it be a better idea to get to Germany directly from Rome and after checking out all the places I've mentioned above move back to Italy and do Florence etc?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 2 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 3 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 4 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 Amsterdam
- 7 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 9 Avoid Europcar!
- 10 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 11 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 12 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 13 Train / Calabria
- 14 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 17 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 18 Paris for children
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 23 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 24 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 25 Spain itinerary and railway advise