My friends and I are going to Europe from mid dec to beginning of January. We'll be starting of from Rome and then plan to do Florence then Munich, bamberg, rohtenburg, neuschwanstein castle etc. I was really excited about being in Bavarian area during Christmas but it didn't hit me that a lot of places I wanna see including Christmas markets, castles, bamberg and rohtenburg etc might be closed during that time and there might be limited public transport aswell. So I need suggestions about how to go about it and if any places would be open to explore from around 24th dec to 26th. Or would it be a better idea to get to Germany directly from Rome and after checking out all the places I've mentioned above move back to Italy and do Florence etc?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 What fresh hell is this?
- 5 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 6 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 7 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 11 Which Train Station in Venice
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 Berlin
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 SE ITALY
- 20 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 One free day in Barcelona
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21