My friends and I are going to Europe from mid dec to beginning of January. We'll be starting of from Rome and then plan to do Florence then Munich, bamberg, rohtenburg, neuschwanstein castle etc. I was really excited about being in Bavarian area during Christmas but it didn't hit me that a lot of places I wanna see including Christmas markets, castles, bamberg and rohtenburg etc might be closed during that time and there might be limited public transport aswell. So I need suggestions about how to go about it and if any places would be open to explore from around 24th dec to 26th. Or would it be a better idea to get to Germany directly from Rome and after checking out all the places I've mentioned above move back to Italy and do Florence etc?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which city order makes most sense?
- 2 Meaning of BSB as type of German train/bus
- 3 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 4 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 5 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 6 Valencia, Spain
- 7 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 8 Visit to Engand
- 9 Clean up spam
- 10 Restaurant recommendation for Sunday lunch
- 11 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 12 Restaurants in Spain
- 13 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 14 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 15 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 16 Is Sicily Safe?
- 17 credit and debit cards
- 18 Gardens & GTGs
- 19 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 20 Transportation Question Italy
- 21 Car rental help in Sicily
- 22 Need final tweaks on Greece trip and restaurant recs!
- 23 Stu Tower
- 24 Is Mittenwald a good base for outdoor activities, etc?
- 25 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?