My friends and I are going to Europe from mid dec to beginning of January. We'll be starting of from Rome and then plan to do Florence then Munich, bamberg, rohtenburg, neuschwanstein castle etc. I was really excited about being in Bavarian area during Christmas but it didn't hit me that a lot of places I wanna see including Christmas markets, castles, bamberg and rohtenburg etc might be closed during that time and there might be limited public transport aswell. So I need suggestions about how to go about it and if any places would be open to explore from around 24th dec to 26th. Or would it be a better idea to get to Germany directly from Rome and after checking out all the places I've mentioned above move back to Italy and do Florence etc?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 4 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 5 St Denis Cathedral
- 6 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 7 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 8 Perugia
- 9 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 10 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 11 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 12 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 13 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 14 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 15 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 16 Praiano
- 17 Rouen Tour Companies
- 18 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 19 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 20 Ireland itinerary help please
- 21 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 25 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations