My husband and I will be in Barcelona until Saturday, December 22. We then have 4-5 days to spend in the Andalucian area. We need help knowing how to best spend those days. Our thoughts are to get to the area either by train or plane. Then we wanted to rent a car to drive for a few days in the area. We are most interested in staying 1 night in Granada and see the Alhambra complex, spend 1 night in Cordoba to see the Jewish Quarter and the Mezquita cathedral, and at least 2 nights in Seville. Then we plan to take the train to Madrid where we will finish our trip. That means we will be in the Andalucian area over Christmas. We are not sure what is open and what we can do or not do during that time so that we are in the correct city to accomplish all that we want to do. so if you have been there during the holidays, we would love to hear from you. If you have ever been to any of these cities, we would love your thoughts in general as to what you loved or didn't love. and if you have driven around there, that would be great to hear about as well. We have driven in Tuscany, Italy as well as Provence, France and loved it. That is why we wanted to drive a little in Spain. Can't wait to hear anyone's thoughts. Much appreciated! Places to eat, things to do, things to avoid, etc. are great to learn. Thanks!!! Katarina (my real name is Cathy but I like the sound of a more Spanish name)
Christmas 2012 in the Andalucian area
- 1 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 2 Spain with kids
- 3 Paris Ticket t+
- 4 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 5 Places to visit from London
- 6 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 7 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 8 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 9 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 10 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 11 Getting the best our of Europe
- 12 best clubs in barcelona
- 13 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 14 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 15 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 16 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 17 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 18 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 19 Last minute lake change....
- 20 getting out of rome airport to hotel?
- 21 Affordable London Hotel
- 22 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 23 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 24 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 25 Italian train question