I was wondering if me and my 2 mates should spend Christmas in Budapest or Prague . As per Christmas market website in Prague "Most shops, bars, restaurants, theatre, opera, sightseeing tours and tourist attractions operate as normal" , but have not been able to find if restaurants , shops , bars will be open on 24th and 25th in Budapest . We would prefer to spend Christmas in Budapest due to logistical issues but if most (almost all) places are shut on Christmas eve and Christmas in Pest then we would rather go to Prague .
Your responses will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 2 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 3 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 4 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 5 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 6 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 9 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 10 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 11 Appenzell in December?
- 12 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 13 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 14 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 15 Iceland in January/February
- 16 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 17 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 18 Switzerland
- 19 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 20 WWI Battlefields
- 21 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 22 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 23 Visiting Zurich
- 24 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 25 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria