As part of a 7-week trip to Europe in May and June, my husband and I spent two weeks in the Aeolian Islands off the north coast of Sicily. Last year we had stayed for 5 nights on the main island, Lipari, during which time we did daytrips to most of the other islands, including Panarea and Salina. After we got home last year the Aeolis continued to call to us, so we decided to return this year to spend a week each on Panarea and Salina. It wasn't enough. I'm ready to go back again! As in much of Italy, May was a beautiful time to visit--before the huge crowds arrived, relaxed, less expensive. The Aeolis aren't easy to get to--they require a bit of effort. But they're worth it! My trip report follows.
Chilling in the Aeolian Islands
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 2 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 3 nearby cities to london
- 4 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 5 London hotel
- 6 Prague - Tram #22
- 7 A drive in Europe
- 8 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 9 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 10 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 11 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 12 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 13 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 14 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 15 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 16 Where to stay in Rome
- 17 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 18 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 19 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 20 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 21 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 22 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 23 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 24 Sicily Suggetions
- 25 Germany driving itinerary starting questions