I got an email yesterday from Aer Lingus advertising a fare sale for summer. When I opened it all I found were sale fares TO the United States from Europe or within Europe. So I called Aer Lingus and got a call center. The woman told me that I could do Chicago to Rome in mid June for about $750. Yippeeeeeee. I didn't have my dates then, so after verifying everything with family, I called back. I got an agent in New Jersey who told me the lowest was $1050. D'oh! So I called back this morning, waited 45 minutes for an agent, and got an agent from who-knows-where. She found only the $1,050 rt to Rome. I was disappointed and then I thought, well, actually $1050 to Rome is not a bad price for June. What do you think?
Chicago to Rome - $1000?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 2 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 3 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 4 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 Euro Train
- 7 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 8 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 9 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 10 Traveling within Italy
- 11 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 Florence in October
- 16 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 17 first european holiday itinery
- 18 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 19 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 20 7 days in Andalucia
- 21 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 22 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 23 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 24 London at Easter
- 25 Venice passes....confusing as heck!