Hi all, will be in Istanbul from July 13th - 21st. Wife will be working through the following week in the Kağıthane area. Had done a quick search for places to stay nearby in google maps and found a tempo residence at Mecidiyeköy which had really good reviews on tripadvisor. So, we've booked there. Just got on to fodors to see how to visit the different places from Mecidiyeköy and don't see much info. Did we pick the wrong spot to stay? Would it be possible to go sightseeing after she gets back from work or would the touristy things have to be left to the weekend? So many places to see reading the different trip reports, should I ditch the wife and do it on my own? Any good restaurants/good places nearby? Any interesting events around the time we will be in?
Checking out Istanbul from Mecidiyeköy
- 1 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 2 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 3 Car Rental Locations
- 4 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 5 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 6 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 7 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 8 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 9 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 10 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 11 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 12 Croatia Restaurant Recommendations
- 13 from Loire (Tours) to Amsterdam?
- 14 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 15 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 16 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 17 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 18 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 19 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 20 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 21 Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
- 22 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 23 Berlin and Sardinia Itinerary
- 24 Day trip to Capri
- 25 ferry to Harwich