I am traveling solo and I will be in Crete from the 15th of May to the 21st of May. Then I'm not sure, I would like to perhaps explore another part of Greece but around the 24th, I would like to head out and explore Eastern Europe. I have my eyes on Romania, Hungary, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, or Estonia.
I am not sure what is the cheapest way for me to get there. Time is not a huge factor, I don't mind traveling a full day to get to one of those countries. Maybe even two days to get to the Baltic countries.
In your experience, what are the best and cheapest ways to get there? I have been monitoring my Skyscanner app but I don't know from which Greek city I should fly out. I am not convinced that the Eurorail pass for me is the cheapest for me (I looked it up, it doesn't quite make sense for me yet). I am wondering if there are ferries I can take and then trains or a good city to fly out from?
I hope I have been clear.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 2 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 3 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 4 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 Do not use MYIPB to ship from London
- 7 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 8 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 9 French restaurants
- 10 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 11 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 12 Scotland Trip
- 13 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 14 Croatia trip Planning
- 15 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 16 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 17 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 18 Planning a European Trip
- 19 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 20 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 21 Trains in Alps and UK
- 22 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 23 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 24 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 25 Germany in December Trip Report
Cheapest ways to get to Romania or Baltic Countries from Greece