I am traveling solo and I will be in Crete from the 15th of May to the 21st of May. Then I'm not sure, I would like to perhaps explore another part of Greece but around the 24th, I would like to head out and explore Eastern Europe. I have my eyes on Romania, Hungary, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, or Estonia.
I am not sure what is the cheapest way for me to get there. Time is not a huge factor, I don't mind traveling a full day to get to one of those countries. Maybe even two days to get to the Baltic countries.
In your experience, what are the best and cheapest ways to get there? I have been monitoring my Skyscanner app but I don't know from which Greek city I should fly out. I am not convinced that the Eurorail pass for me is the cheapest for me (I looked it up, it doesn't quite make sense for me yet). I am wondering if there are ferries I can take and then trains or a good city to fly out from?
I hope I have been clear.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 2 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 3 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 4 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 5 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 6 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 7 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 8 retruning to US with souveniers
- 9 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 12 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 13 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 14 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 15 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 16 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 17 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Help on ancient history route
- 20 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 21 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 22 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 23 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 24 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
Cheapest ways to get to Romania or Baltic Countries from Greece