I've been starting to plan a backpacking trip for this coming January or February. I know this isn't the ideal time to be doing sightseeing but I am young, adventurous and will make the most of it! I plan on seeing some of the more southern parts of Western Europe to avoid the cold as much as possible. I am curious to know where I might find the best deals for discount airlines from the US to Western Europe. I am looking to fly out of Boston and am not sure what the best hubs in terms of directness and most of all price. I am willing to fly into a random place (say Ireland or Iceland) and finding a way to the country I will be exploring via another cheap flight. I would ideally be visiting Madrid, Andalusia and southern Italy possibly including Sicily. I have been looking at Wow Airlines and I do see some options to Iceland but am a little wary about getting to Spain and/or Italy. I am willing to check out a place like Iceland for a couple of days if I would be flying into it.
Thanks for your help. This site has always been so helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 Germany-Car or Train
- 3 The DCC scam is spreading
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Valencia Spain
- 8 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 9 Any downside when booking codeshare flights?
- 10 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 11 Whistle stop family road trip
- 12 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 13 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 14 Scotland itinerary advice
- 15 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 16 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 17 Porto in January
- 18 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 19 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 20 Rome Water Shortage
- 21 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 22 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 23 Lake Como,Italy
- 24 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 25 Help with tips in UK