I've been starting to plan a backpacking trip for this coming January or February. I know this isn't the ideal time to be doing sightseeing but I am young, adventurous and will make the most of it! I plan on seeing some of the more southern parts of Western Europe to avoid the cold as much as possible. I am curious to know where I might find the best deals for discount airlines from the US to Western Europe. I am looking to fly out of Boston and am not sure what the best hubs in terms of directness and most of all price. I am willing to fly into a random place (say Ireland or Iceland) and finding a way to the country I will be exploring via another cheap flight. I would ideally be visiting Madrid, Andalusia and southern Italy possibly including Sicily. I have been looking at Wow Airlines and I do see some options to Iceland but am a little wary about getting to Spain and/or Italy. I am willing to check out a place like Iceland for a couple of days if I would be flying into it.
Thanks for your help. This site has always been so helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich Hotel Location
- 2 Which city order makes most sense?
- 3 Meaning of BSB as type of German train/bus
- 4 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 5 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 6 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 7 Valencia, Spain
- 8 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 9 Visit to Engand
- 10 Clean up spam
- 11 Restaurant recommendation for Sunday lunch
- 12 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 13 Restaurants in Spain
- 14 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 15 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 16 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 17 Is Sicily Safe?
- 18 credit and debit cards
- 19 Gardens & GTGs
- 20 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 21 Transportation Question Italy
- 22 Car rental help in Sicily
- 23 Need final tweaks on Greece trip and restaurant recs!
- 24 Stu Tower
- 25 Is Mittenwald a good base for outdoor activities, etc?