I've been starting to plan a backpacking trip for this coming January or February. I know this isn't the ideal time to be doing sightseeing but I am young, adventurous and will make the most of it! I plan on seeing some of the more southern parts of Western Europe to avoid the cold as much as possible. I am curious to know where I might find the best deals for discount airlines from the US to Western Europe. I am looking to fly out of Boston and am not sure what the best hubs in terms of directness and most of all price. I am willing to fly into a random place (say Ireland or Iceland) and finding a way to the country I will be exploring via another cheap flight. I would ideally be visiting Madrid, Andalusia and southern Italy possibly including Sicily. I have been looking at Wow Airlines and I do see some options to Iceland but am a little wary about getting to Spain and/or Italy. I am willing to check out a place like Iceland for a couple of days if I would be flying into it.
Thanks for your help. This site has always been so helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 What fresh hell is this?
- 5 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 6 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 7 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 11 Which Train Station in Venice
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 Berlin
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 SE ITALY
- 20 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 One free day in Barcelona
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21