I've been starting to plan a backpacking trip for this coming January or February. I know this isn't the ideal time to be doing sightseeing but I am young, adventurous and will make the most of it! I plan on seeing some of the more southern parts of Western Europe to avoid the cold as much as possible. I am curious to know where I might find the best deals for discount airlines from the US to Western Europe. I am looking to fly out of Boston and am not sure what the best hubs in terms of directness and most of all price. I am willing to fly into a random place (say Ireland or Iceland) and finding a way to the country I will be exploring via another cheap flight. I would ideally be visiting Madrid, Andalusia and southern Italy possibly including Sicily. I have been looking at Wow Airlines and I do see some options to Iceland but am a little wary about getting to Spain and/or Italy. I am willing to check out a place like Iceland for a couple of days if I would be flying into it.
Thanks for your help. This site has always been so helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 4 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 5 St Denis Cathedral
- 6 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 7 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 8 Perugia
- 9 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 10 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 11 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 12 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 13 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 14 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 15 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 16 Praiano
- 17 Rouen Tour Companies
- 18 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 19 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 20 Ireland itinerary help please
- 21 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 25 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations