I've been starting to plan a backpacking trip for this coming January or February. I know this isn't the ideal time to be doing sightseeing but I am young, adventurous and will make the most of it! I plan on seeing some of the more southern parts of Western Europe to avoid the cold as much as possible. I am curious to know where I might find the best deals for discount airlines from the US to Western Europe. I am looking to fly out of Boston and am not sure what the best hubs in terms of directness and most of all price. I am willing to fly into a random place (say Ireland or Iceland) and finding a way to the country I will be exploring via another cheap flight. I would ideally be visiting Madrid, Andalusia and southern Italy possibly including Sicily. I have been looking at Wow Airlines and I do see some options to Iceland but am a little wary about getting to Spain and/or Italy. I am willing to check out a place like Iceland for a couple of days if I would be flying into it.
Thanks for your help. This site has always been so helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 2 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 3 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 4 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 Amsterdam
- 7 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 9 Avoid Europcar!
- 10 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 11 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 12 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 13 Train / Calabria
- 14 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 17 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 18 Paris for children
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 23 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 24 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 25 Spain itinerary and railway advise