I am visiting a friend that lives north of Madrid (Colmenar Viejo) next month. I am going to take a day trip to Lisbon, and the flight leaves at 6:45 a.m. I figure I need to be at the airport a couple of hours early, so that would be around 4:45 a.m. My friend says the buses and trains won't be running that early in the morning. She thinks a cab will be around 60 euros. I'm thinking that maybe I should stay at a cheap hotel or hostel near the airport the night before. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this? Or any hotel/hostel suggestions since I'll really just be sleeping there for a few hours?
Cheap hotel/hostel near Madrid airport
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling within Italy
- 2 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 3 London for Christmas
- 4 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 Florence in October
- 7 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 8 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 first european holiday itinery
- 11 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 13 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 16 7 days in Andalucia
- 17 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 18 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 London at Easter
- 21 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 22 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 23 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 24 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 25 Advice on relocating to Italy?