I am visiting a friend that lives north of Madrid (Colmenar Viejo) next month. I am going to take a day trip to Lisbon, and the flight leaves at 6:45 a.m. I figure I need to be at the airport a couple of hours early, so that would be around 4:45 a.m. My friend says the buses and trains won't be running that early in the morning. She thinks a cab will be around 60 euros. I'm thinking that maybe I should stay at a cheap hotel or hostel near the airport the night before. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this? Or any hotel/hostel suggestions since I'll really just be sleeping there for a few hours?
Cheap hotel/hostel near Madrid airport
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 2 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 3 Edinburgh - Mercat Tours -
- 4 Driving from Italy to France
- 5 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 6 Why don't the French want to work?
- 7 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 8 Daily Bus Tours in Croatia, Slovenia and nearby countries
- 9 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 10 Late night/early morning transport from Barcelona Airport to city center
- 11 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 12 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 13 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport
- 14 Italy, England, OR France in 2015: Tour Operators - Or go it alone?
- 15 Skip the Line: Small-Group Eiffel Tower Sunset Tour
- 16 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 17 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 18 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 19 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 20 Matisse at Tate
- 21 2 weeks in Europe
- 22 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 23 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 24 Another request for itinerary help-June-arrive Lisbon; depart Barcelona-14 days
- 25 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School