I'm hoping to go to Paris for the month in either April or May this year. I'm signing up for some French classes and some small tours etc... I'm looking for a cheap place to stay for the month. I've been searching websites like Paris Attitude, Book-A-Flat, Lodgis and those similar. I can't seem to find anything for cheaper than 1600 euro for the month. It seems that places will be advertised for 900 euro a month but then once you add up the agency fees, the electricity/gas/internet costs, apartment insurance fees, security deposits etc, it adds another 900 or so euros. Does anyone have any advice of where else to look? I'm trying to avoid sketchy situations like renting some random guys apartment off Craigslist (since I'm a solo female traveler). There must be options like universities renting out dorm rooms or safer/higher end type hostels to look at? Any advice would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Zurich
- 2 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 3 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 4 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 5 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 6 Paris to Bordeaux
- 7 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 8 Iceland 3 day layover
- 9 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 10 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 11 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 12 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 13 Train travel
- 14 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 15 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 16 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 17 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 18 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 19 DVD burning software
- 20 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 21 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 22 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 23 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 24 WWI Battlefields
- 25 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?