I'm hoping to go to Paris for the month in either April or May this year. I'm signing up for some French classes and some small tours etc... I'm looking for a cheap place to stay for the month. I've been searching websites like Paris Attitude, Book-A-Flat, Lodgis and those similar. I can't seem to find anything for cheaper than 1600 euro for the month. It seems that places will be advertised for 900 euro a month but then once you add up the agency fees, the electricity/gas/internet costs, apartment insurance fees, security deposits etc, it adds another 900 or so euros. Does anyone have any advice of where else to look? I'm trying to avoid sketchy situations like renting some random guys apartment off Craigslist (since I'm a solo female traveler). There must be options like universities renting out dorm rooms or safer/higher end type hostels to look at? Any advice would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 An evening in London
- 2 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 3 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 4 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 5 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 6 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 7 Europe First Timers
- 8 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 9 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 10 Chur or St Moritz?
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Itinerary review: Croatia/Italy
- 13 Safety in Rome
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 18 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 19 Athens Help
- 20 Uber vs. TfL
- 21 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 22 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 23 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 24 Apartment Montreux area
- 25 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?