I'm going to Lyon and probably Avignon for a week with my mum in the spring. I like history and cities, but she would like to visit villages and do some walking/hiking. Can someone please recommend some good day trips form these two towns which we could do and advise the best way to travel- train, bus, or we could hire a car??? Thanks in advance.
charming villages near Lyon or Avignon
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland or Scotland
- 2 Cruise the River Shannon
- 3 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 4 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 5 Places for a Special Dinner (2 cancer survivors!) in Montecatini
- 6 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 7 Question on France travel
- 8 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 9 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 10 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 11 Autumn in Paris
- 12 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 13 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 14 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 15 Italy and Croatia
- 16 St Germain
- 17 Where to go in France mid July?
- 18 trip to norway
- 19 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 20 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 21 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well
- 22 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 23 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 24 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 25 Food tours in Rome?