I want to plan a short trip from Paris to Norway for my husband's birthday in late September. Given financial constraints, it will have to be a short trip (I'm thinking three days). I know it's a bummer to give a trip such short time, but his family is Norwegian (all live in the US now so no more connections in Norway), and it would be fun surprise for him.
Oslo is an obvious choice, but what are some other ideas? He's super proud of his viking heritage (he loves boats, weird pickled fish, sweaters, you get the idea) so a small, authentically (or perhaps typically?) Norwegian town would be great. Should I try to find a cheap airbnb in Oslo, or do you recommend somewhere else?
Thanks for your help!
(budget would be something like $75 per night... I'm seeing some airbnb's in Oslo for cheaper, but also aren't quite sure where to look). The cheaper, the better...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Zurich
- 2 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 3 Lake Como,Italy
- 4 Europe for Beginners
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Paris to Bordeaux
- 7 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 8 13 nights in switzerland
- 9 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 10 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 11 Germany-Car or Train
- 12 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 13 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 16 Language to use in Belgium
- 17 Getting around London
- 18 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 19 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 20 WWI sites
- 21 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 22 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 23 Paris in August
- 24 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 25 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris