I want to plan a short trip from Paris to Norway for my husband's birthday in late September. Given financial constraints, it will have to be a short trip (I'm thinking three days). I know it's a bummer to give a trip such short time, but his family is Norwegian (all live in the US now so no more connections in Norway), and it would be fun surprise for him.
Oslo is an obvious choice, but what are some other ideas? He's super proud of his viking heritage (he loves boats, weird pickled fish, sweaters, you get the idea) so a small, authentically (or perhaps typically?) Norwegian town would be great. Should I try to find a cheap airbnb in Oslo, or do you recommend somewhere else?
Thanks for your help!
(budget would be something like $75 per night... I'm seeing some airbnb's in Oslo for cheaper, but also aren't quite sure where to look). The cheaper, the better...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 4 Uber vs. TfL
- 5 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 6 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 7 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 10 Alitala
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 13 celticmoon, a quick question
- 14 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 What fresh hell is this?
- 17 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 18 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 19 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 20 Which Train Station in Venice
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 22 Greek Village
- 23 Berlin
- 24 Bordeaux to Nice
- 25 Austrian Train Purchase from US