I want to plan a short trip from Paris to Norway for my husband's birthday in late September. Given financial constraints, it will have to be a short trip (I'm thinking three days). I know it's a bummer to give a trip such short time, but his family is Norwegian (all live in the US now so no more connections in Norway), and it would be fun surprise for him.
Oslo is an obvious choice, but what are some other ideas? He's super proud of his viking heritage (he loves boats, weird pickled fish, sweaters, you get the idea) so a small, authentically (or perhaps typically?) Norwegian town would be great. Should I try to find a cheap airbnb in Oslo, or do you recommend somewhere else?
Thanks for your help!
(budget would be something like $75 per night... I'm seeing some airbnb's in Oslo for cheaper, but also aren't quite sure where to look). The cheaper, the better...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Piedmont as a destination
- 2 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 3 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 4 The specific levels of existence
- 5 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 6 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 7 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 8 dinner jackets
- 9 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 10 2 weeks Europe trip
- 11 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 12 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 13 Cordoba Overnight?
- 14 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 15 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 18 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 19 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 20 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 21 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 22 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 23 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 24 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 25 Shoes for little feet in Spain