I want to plan a short trip from Paris to Norway for my husband's birthday in late September. Given financial constraints, it will have to be a short trip (I'm thinking three days). I know it's a bummer to give a trip such short time, but his family is Norwegian (all live in the US now so no more connections in Norway), and it would be fun surprise for him.
Oslo is an obvious choice, but what are some other ideas? He's super proud of his viking heritage (he loves boats, weird pickled fish, sweaters, you get the idea) so a small, authentically (or perhaps typically?) Norwegian town would be great. Should I try to find a cheap airbnb in Oslo, or do you recommend somewhere else?
Thanks for your help!
(budget would be something like $75 per night... I'm seeing some airbnb's in Oslo for cheaper, but also aren't quite sure where to look). The cheaper, the better...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 2 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 3 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 6 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 7 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 8 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 11 First time in London
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 Greek fuel cost
- 14 VRBO South Kensington
- 15 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 16 Vacation
- 17 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 18 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 19 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 20 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 21 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 22 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 23 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 24 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 25 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.