We are planning our French summer holiday and are looking for some Fodors inspiration. We are a family of 4 with two daughters aged 12 & 16. We're flying into Dublin then connecting into CDG. We will rent a house for a week in a smallish French city with plenty to do but some interesting side trips nearby. Then we'll head back to Paris, stay there for 4 nights, fly back to Dublin for 3 nights and then head home.
We are definitely city people rather than the small isolated farmhouse loving folks. At first we were thinking of driving from CDG to Normandy and finding a homebase there. But most of the towns are quite small and my girls might get bored after a couple of days. So we're thinking of getting a TGV from CDG to somewhere within a 3 hour radius and renting a car there. Ideally it will be the Lucca of France, a town we fell in love with during a previous trip. It's the perfect size town: big enough for plenty to do but small enough to give us some a respite from Paris. We're not big into wine so vineyards and chateaus aren't that important. A few thoughts: Dijon? Strasbourg? Besancon? Any others?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 마닐라카지노／❦』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『❦＼슈퍼카지노
- 2 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 3 베스트카지노／❤』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『❤＼슈퍼카지노
- 4 크라운카지노／✄』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『✄＼슈퍼카지노
- 5 워커힐카지노／⌘』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『⌘＼슈퍼카지노
- 6 센토사카지노／☄』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『☄＼슈퍼카지노
- 7 투게더카지노／✪』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『✪＼슈퍼카지노
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 Revised itinerary for italy
- 10 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 15 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 16 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 17 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 18 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 19 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 20 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 21 Juangfrau / mt
- 22 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 23 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 24 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions