I'm a medical student from Brazil. I intend to travel to Europe as a student in order to frequent some clinical clerkships. I'll spend 2 and 1/2 months in Germany, 1 month in Switzerland and 2 months in France.
My doubt is: in Germany, Brazilian people don't need a visa for short stays in the country, but I will stay in the Schengen Area for more than 90 days, but in all the countries for less than 90 days, the minimum period for requesting a residency permission.
Do you know the best option for this? The German embassy can give me a student visa type D for 6 months even If I move to another country? The fact is anyone with a national D visa can stay up to 90 days in any country of the Schengen area different from the main one.
I made a big search on Internet, but I didn't find a plausible explanation.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 cheap food in london
- 2 Eating Indian In London
- 3 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 4 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 Sundays in Puglia
- 7 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 8 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
- 9 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 10 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 11 K-Day
- 12 ATM at airport
- 13 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 14 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 15 Flat in London
- 16 Lay over time
- 17 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 18 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 19 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 23 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 24 Spain in December
- 25 Italy Honeymoon in September