I'll be driving through the Champagne and Burgundy regions of France the week of 12 DEC and am looking for winery, lodging ($100-$150), and general "don't miss this" type of info. (arriving into the area at 1200 on 12 DEC and leaving the area the afternoon of 16 DEC)
Also, any thoughts on progresion of events would be appreciated, as well (go North to South, reverse?). I'm assuming two nights in each locale would be sufficient, but please mention if a 1 and 3 combo would make more sense or if we're biting off too much and should just pick one and be done with it. We'll be doing a triangle between these areas and Zurich.
Background info: my wife and I are seasoned travelers who fully understand that we can't see it all and generally enjoy picking a couple "winners" and taking a leisurely time seeing them and the scenery inbetween. We always assume that we'll be back and thus generally keep tourist stress down knowing that we don't need to see it all at once.
Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Champagne & Burgundy - Itinerary Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 2 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 3 Driving from Paris to Munich
- 4 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 5 Questions for this who visited Russia!
- 6 Museums in Berlin
- 7 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 8 Burgundy for 3 nights based in Beaune
- 9 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 10 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 11 Aalsmeer, Holland Flower Market Is a Changing but...
- 12 Spain traffic tickets
- 13 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 14 4 Days between Zurich & Avignon...
- 15 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 16 Euro Trivia Quiz #10 - Martin Luther in Germany
- 17 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 18 Italy - Transportation from MXP to Rome
- 19 Skiing in France
- 20 Beware of Best and Fast Change
- 21 Looking for help on itinerary for trip to Croatia+
- 22 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 23 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 24 Hotel developments Como
- 25 The Newly Reopened Picasso Museum in Paris