I'll be driving through the Champagne and Burgundy regions of France the week of 12 DEC and am looking for winery, lodging ($100-$150), and general "don't miss this" type of info. (arriving into the area at 1200 on 12 DEC and leaving the area the afternoon of 16 DEC)
Also, any thoughts on progresion of events would be appreciated, as well (go North to South, reverse?). I'm assuming two nights in each locale would be sufficient, but please mention if a 1 and 3 combo would make more sense or if we're biting off too much and should just pick one and be done with it. We'll be doing a triangle between these areas and Zurich.
Background info: my wife and I are seasoned travelers who fully understand that we can't see it all and generally enjoy picking a couple "winners" and taking a leisurely time seeing them and the scenery inbetween. We always assume that we'll be back and thus generally keep tourist stress down knowing that we don't need to see it all at once.
Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Countryside
- 2 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 3 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 4 House Hunting in France
- 5 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 6 Granada to Madrid
- 7 Where to buy Saffron?
- 8 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 9 Barcelona cooking classes
- 10 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 11 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 12 1st time in ZURICH
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 15 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 16 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 17 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 18 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 21 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 22 Cognac transportation?
- 23 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 24 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 25 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!