I'll be driving through the Champagne and Burgundy regions of France the week of 12 DEC and am looking for winery, lodging ($100-$150), and general "don't miss this" type of info. (arriving into the area at 1200 on 12 DEC and leaving the area the afternoon of 16 DEC)
Also, any thoughts on progresion of events would be appreciated, as well (go North to South, reverse?). I'm assuming two nights in each locale would be sufficient, but please mention if a 1 and 3 combo would make more sense or if we're biting off too much and should just pick one and be done with it. We'll be doing a triangle between these areas and Zurich.
Background info: my wife and I are seasoned travelers who fully understand that we can't see it all and generally enjoy picking a couple "winners" and taking a leisurely time seeing them and the scenery inbetween. We always assume that we'll be back and thus generally keep tourist stress down knowing that we don't need to see it all at once.
Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Champagne & Burgundy - Itinerary Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 2 Please suffer one more London travelcard question
- 3 Satisfying sweet tooth in Scotland
- 4 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 5 700 die off Italian coast in boat accident.
- 6 TR- A jaunt to Paris March 15
- 7 Restaurants in San Sebastian
- 8 Madrid
- 9 St. Petersburg
- 10 Stops on a 1 week car tour from Athens
- 11 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 12 travel insurance
- 13 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 14 Minimum age to rent a hotel or hostel room
- 15 Transportation advice between Seville-Ronda, Granada-Cordoba
- 16 Help for Last 3 days in Ireland!! One of these days is Dublin!!
- 17 Euro Travel Quiz - # 1-A
- 18 Athens, Greece, hotel recommendations
- 19 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 20 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 21 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 22 Taormina & Mt Etna
- 23 Non-Crowded Europe in Mid-July
- 24 Camino No-No
- 25 Rioja