I'll be driving through the Champagne and Burgundy regions of France the week of 12 DEC and am looking for winery, lodging ($100-$150), and general "don't miss this" type of info. (arriving into the area at 1200 on 12 DEC and leaving the area the afternoon of 16 DEC)
Also, any thoughts on progresion of events would be appreciated, as well (go North to South, reverse?). I'm assuming two nights in each locale would be sufficient, but please mention if a 1 and 3 combo would make more sense or if we're biting off too much and should just pick one and be done with it. We'll be doing a triangle between these areas and Zurich.
Background info: my wife and I are seasoned travelers who fully understand that we can't see it all and generally enjoy picking a couple "winners" and taking a leisurely time seeing them and the scenery inbetween. We always assume that we'll be back and thus generally keep tourist stress down knowing that we don't need to see it all at once.
Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Champagne & Burgundy - Itinerary Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 2 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 3 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 4 Belfast to Scotland help
- 5 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 6 20 days in Germany
- 7 Naxos in May
- 8 France, Italy and Greec
- 9 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 10 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 11 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 12 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 13 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 14 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 15 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 16 Portugal Alentejo's cante
- 17 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 18 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 19 help regarding removal firm in london
- 20 Dresden or Leipzig
- 21 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 22 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 23 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 24 Trains in Italy
- 25 South of France November Trip Report