I'll be driving through the Champagne and Burgundy regions of France the week of 12 DEC and am looking for winery, lodging ($100-$150), and general "don't miss this" type of info. (arriving into the area at 1200 on 12 DEC and leaving the area the afternoon of 16 DEC)
Also, any thoughts on progresion of events would be appreciated, as well (go North to South, reverse?). I'm assuming two nights in each locale would be sufficient, but please mention if a 1 and 3 combo would make more sense or if we're biting off too much and should just pick one and be done with it. We'll be doing a triangle between these areas and Zurich.
Background info: my wife and I are seasoned travelers who fully understand that we can't see it all and generally enjoy picking a couple "winners" and taking a leisurely time seeing them and the scenery inbetween. We always assume that we'll be back and thus generally keep tourist stress down knowing that we don't need to see it all at once.
Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 2 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 3 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 4 Ali
- 5 Christmas Week in London
- 6 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 7 Drinks in Spain
- 8 Travel from Dublin Airport to Sligo City
- 9 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 10 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 11 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 12 12 days europe
- 13 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 14 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 15 Too much for one day?
- 16 Travel WiFi - France
- 17 Italy for the first time
- 18 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 19 RFID Protection
- 20 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Germany and Austria trip report
- 22 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 23 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 24 London Itinerary and Questions
- 25 Beaches in Southern France