I'll be driving through the Champagne and Burgundy regions of France the week of 12 DEC and am looking for winery, lodging ($100-$150), and general "don't miss this" type of info. (arriving into the area at 1200 on 12 DEC and leaving the area the afternoon of 16 DEC)
Also, any thoughts on progresion of events would be appreciated, as well (go North to South, reverse?). I'm assuming two nights in each locale would be sufficient, but please mention if a 1 and 3 combo would make more sense or if we're biting off too much and should just pick one and be done with it. We'll be doing a triangle between these areas and Zurich.
Background info: my wife and I are seasoned travelers who fully understand that we can't see it all and generally enjoy picking a couple "winners" and taking a leisurely time seeing them and the scenery inbetween. We always assume that we'll be back and thus generally keep tourist stress down knowing that we don't need to see it all at once.
Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 2 Rue des Rosiers
- 3 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 4 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 5 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 6 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 7 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 8 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 9 4 week trip Turkey
- 10 1&1/2 day 1 night in helsinki
- 11 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 12 Scotland Trip
- 13 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 14 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 15 Advices about our itiniary
- 16 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 17 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 18 Paris Under Seige...
- 19 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 20 What to take to Germany
- 21 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 22 Riga / Vecaki from a birds Eye
- 23 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 24 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 25 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?