I'll be driving through the Champagne and Burgundy regions of France the week of 12 DEC and am looking for winery, lodging ($100-$150), and general "don't miss this" type of info. (arriving into the area at 1200 on 12 DEC and leaving the area the afternoon of 16 DEC)
Also, any thoughts on progresion of events would be appreciated, as well (go North to South, reverse?). I'm assuming two nights in each locale would be sufficient, but please mention if a 1 and 3 combo would make more sense or if we're biting off too much and should just pick one and be done with it. We'll be doing a triangle between these areas and Zurich.
Background info: my wife and I are seasoned travelers who fully understand that we can't see it all and generally enjoy picking a couple "winners" and taking a leisurely time seeing them and the scenery inbetween. We always assume that we'll be back and thus generally keep tourist stress down knowing that we don't need to see it all at once.
Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 2 Cordoba Overnight?
- 3 Piedmont as a destination
- 4 2 weeks Europe trip
- 5 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 6 dinner jackets
- 7 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 8 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 9 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 10 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 11 Monemvasia or Gefyra
- 12 Alkmaar to Brussels - things to see?
- 13 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 14 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 15 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 18 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 19 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 20 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 21 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 22 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 23 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 24 Dublin Leap Card
- 25 vegetarian in spain