My husband and I are thinking a week in Chamonix - from the 8th - 15th - and we were wondering if anyone could advise on what the weather and atmosphere might be like at that time of year? We are not sure if this is 'out of season' and if shops/restaurants/attractions will be closed. I have had a look and it appears that most things are open, although maybe with reduced opening hours.
Can anyone tell us what to expect in Chamonix in June - will the town still have a bit of buzz about it and (touch wood) can we expect some hot sunny days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 2 Short time in Vienna
- 3 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 4 Paris in August
- 5 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 8 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 9 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 10 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 11 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 12 Getting around London
- 13 Valencia Spain
- 14 Wine Tasting in France
- 15 Iceland in January/February
- 16 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 17 Favorite Champagne houses in Reims and surrounding area
- 18 The DCC scam is spreading
- 19 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 20 Moldova and Transnistria
- 21 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 22 Places to visit from Zurich
- 23 Loire Valley restaurants
- 24 Rome Water Shortage
- 25 Justairports.com or Heathrow Express?