We'll be in Chamonix for 3-4 nights in early June 2015. We are looking for a hotel with quad rooms or connecting rooms for our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children).
Must have an incredible view from the room. A balcony would be nice, too.
I'm not opposed to an apartment/condo or vacation house if they allow short term rentals... who are the most reliable agencies in Chamonix? (There's not much available on VRBO for my dates.)
We'll have a car, so parking (and easy access to the hotel by car) would be important.
Are there some locations within Chamonix that are better than others in terms of charm, views, being able to walk around, and easy access to restaurants and walking trails around the village?
Since we're not going there for skiing, is a hotel's close proximity to the Aiguille du Midi a selling point or a detractor for June? (Aiguille du Midi is likely the only lift that'll be open when I'm there, based on the preliminary 2015 schedule posted on http://www.chamonet.com/lift-dates
Also, are there other nearby villages that we should consider? Someone on another post suggested Megeve. The hubs has only one request: he wants to sleep right at the base of Mont Blanc and be able to see the Alps from his room.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 2 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 3 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 4 Venice
- 5 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 6 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 7 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 8 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 9 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 10 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 11 Scotland and London 21 days
- 12 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 13 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 14 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 15 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 16 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 17 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 18 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Capri in July
- 21 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 22 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 23 help with Italy itinerary
- 24 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 25 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!