We'll be in Chamonix for 3-4 nights in early June 2015. We are looking for a hotel with quad rooms or connecting rooms for our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children).
Must have an incredible view from the room. A balcony would be nice, too.
I'm not opposed to an apartment/condo or vacation house if they allow short term rentals... who are the most reliable agencies in Chamonix? (There's not much available on VRBO for my dates.)
We'll have a car, so parking (and easy access to the hotel by car) would be important.
Are there some locations within Chamonix that are better than others in terms of charm, views, being able to walk around, and easy access to restaurants and walking trails around the village?
Since we're not going there for skiing, is a hotel's close proximity to the Aiguille du Midi a selling point or a detractor for June? (Aiguille du Midi is likely the only lift that'll be open when I'm there, based on the preliminary 2015 schedule posted on http://www.chamonet.com/lift-dates
Also, are there other nearby villages that we should consider? Someone on another post suggested Megeve. The hubs has only one request: he wants to sleep right at the base of Mont Blanc and be able to see the Alps from his room.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 2 Paris hotels
- 3 Trek through Eur
- 4 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 5 Budapest in December 2017
- 6 Amsterdam hotels
- 7 Denmark or Sweden?
- 8 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 9 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 10 Europe itinerary questions
- 11 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 12 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 13 London Hotels
- 14 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 We're here!
- 17 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 18 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 19 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 20 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 21 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 22 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 23 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 24 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 25 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt