We'll be in Chamonix for 3-4 nights in early June 2015. We are looking for a hotel with quad rooms or connecting rooms for our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children).
Must have an incredible view from the room. A balcony would be nice, too.
I'm not opposed to an apartment/condo or vacation house if they allow short term rentals... who are the most reliable agencies in Chamonix? (There's not much available on VRBO for my dates.)
We'll have a car, so parking (and easy access to the hotel by car) would be important.
Are there some locations within Chamonix that are better than others in terms of charm, views, being able to walk around, and easy access to restaurants and walking trails around the village?
Since we're not going there for skiing, is a hotel's close proximity to the Aiguille du Midi a selling point or a detractor for June? (Aiguille du Midi is likely the only lift that'll be open when I'm there, based on the preliminary 2015 schedule posted on http://www.chamonet.com/lift-dates
Also, are there other nearby villages that we should consider? Someone on another post suggested Megeve. The hubs has only one request: he wants to sleep right at the base of Mont Blanc and be able to see the Alps from his room.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 2 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 3 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 4 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 5 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 6 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 7 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 8 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 9 Scotland itinerary help
- 10 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 11 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 12 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 13 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 14 Edinbrugh
- 15 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 16 Swimming to Paris
- 17 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 18 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 19 Istria in two days
- 20 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 21 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 22 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 23 Hiking in Switzerland
- 24 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 25 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace