We'll be in Chamonix for 3-4 nights in early June 2015. We are looking for a hotel with quad rooms or connecting rooms for our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children).
Must have an incredible view from the room. A balcony would be nice, too.
I'm not opposed to an apartment/condo or vacation house if they allow short term rentals... who are the most reliable agencies in Chamonix? (There's not much available on VRBO for my dates.)
We'll have a car, so parking (and easy access to the hotel by car) would be important.
Are there some locations within Chamonix that are better than others in terms of charm, views, being able to walk around, and easy access to restaurants and walking trails around the village?
Since we're not going there for skiing, is a hotel's close proximity to the Aiguille du Midi a selling point or a detractor for June? (Aiguille du Midi is likely the only lift that'll be open when I'm there, based on the preliminary 2015 schedule posted on http://www.chamonet.com/lift-dates
Also, are there other nearby villages that we should consider? Someone on another post suggested Megeve. The hubs has only one request: he wants to sleep right at the base of Mont Blanc and be able to see the Alps from his room.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 2 seat reservations
- 3 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 4 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 5 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 6 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Italy in a week
- 9 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 10 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 11 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 12 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Valencia Spain
- 16 Germany-Car or Train
- 17 Night Bus?
- 18 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 Andalucia Spain
- 21 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 22 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 23 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 24 Short time in Vienna
- 25 Jewish Vienna