Last week while on a Paris bus we saw a long line of people on rue de Vaugirard waiting to get into the Musée du Luxembourg and looked on the Internet to see what that was about. This morning (Sunday) we went there at aboutt 11:00--no line at all--and paid 11€ each, plus 4€ for an English-language audio guide to visit a very extensive exhibition of Marc Chagall's paintings, with a few etchings/litho graphs as well. The exhibition is organized around periods of his life that influenced the content and form of his work, such as eight years trapped in Russia, displacement during WW2, the death of his wife Bella, etc. It was a very worthwhile museum visit. It is due to close in about five weeks, but we have noticed many exhibitions get extended if they are still attracting audiences.
Chagall Exhibition at the Musée du Luxembourg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 2 Spain Questions
- 3 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 4 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 5 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 6 Avignon to London?
- 7 Europe in 21 days
- 8 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 9 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 12 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 15 one last portugal car rental question
- 16 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 17 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 18 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 19 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 22 Street food in Turkey
- 23 Dublin Hostels
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions