I am meeting a friend in London, me arriving Heathrow, he Stansted. What hotel/ what area of central London should I stay in (close to attractions, not near Stansted!) so it's easy for him to get to (less concerned about me getting there from Heathrow)?He's taking the Stansted Express train from Stansted, which goes to Tottenham Hale and Liverpool Street railway stations. I have no idea how easy it is to go from railway to other transport so thought it'd be best to find a hotel close to the rail station itself. The cost of getting there IS an issue, so please don't just say take a taxi! Thought about St. Ermin's in Westminster near St. James park? Caesar hotel on Queens Garden near Hyde Park? Would either work? Any other suggestions?
central london hotels "airport friendly" from stansted airport
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Foie gras, redux
- 2 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 3 Dublin Tour Companies
- 4 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 5 Day trips from Seville
- 6 Oktoberfest reservations
- 7 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 8 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 9 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 10 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 11 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 12 Southern France
- 13 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 14 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 15 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 16 What still confounds you about travel?
- 17 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 18 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 19 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 20 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 21 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 22 Train to Airport in Venice
- 23 Golfing in Ireland
- 24 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 25 Bavaria & Dolomites