My sister and I have had a life long dream of touring Italy. We have finally decided to go for a month in 2014 and could use some reccomendations as to a good central location to take some day and weekend trips from. We would prefer a smaller town but with a good transportation base so that we can easily connect with buses and trains. We will not have a car so public transport will be essential.
We are hoping to rent an appartment or villa as a base to come and go from. Is this a good plan or are we better to just arrange hotels as we go? We love to immerse ourselves in different cultures and really get a feel for the people, so we don't plan to be touring the entire time.
Our interests are wide and we can't wait to see the history and art. We also have no itinerary planned yet so any suggestions would be very welcome. Is October a good time to go?? Any tips and suggestions appreciated as it will be our first (of hopefully many) trips to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tollfree@: Tec^h SUPP0RT NORTON CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 NORTON 24*7
- 2 (USA) Te*ch SUPP0RT VERIZON CONTACT 1:8OO:54O:683O Verizon Reset Password
- 3 Couscous
- 4 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 5 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 6 Italian lake cruise
- 7 Lisbon
- 8 Vatican tour
- 9 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 10 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 11 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 12 Tuscany Itinerary
- 13 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 14 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 15 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 16 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 17 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 18 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 19 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 20 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 21 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 22 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 23 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 24 London in Winter Report
- 25 driving from London to Lourdes