I' m traveling solo for a month once again, this time in Central Europe Sept 2016. I'm inquiring in regards to my pre/post cruise itinary which includes Amsterdam/Budapest and Prague. I'm incorporating a 2 week RiverBoat Cruise Amsterdam to Budapest. ( that also includes Germany, Austria/Slovakia).
I will be arriving 3 days pre cruise to see a little more of Amsterdam on my own.( I will have several days in Amsterdam on riverboat cruise as well). The cruise ends and disembarks in Budapest on a Tuesday morning. My intention is to split my remaining time which is 10 whole days/11 nights between Budapest and Prague. ( I will have already had several days in Budapest on cruise and I will be returning to Boston via Prague).
I continue to traveled solo for a month usually in Sept.now for the past three years. The travel experiences have been amazing to say the least. Much gratitude to all for the feedback,guidance and support which I've encountered from many amazing "Fodorite" travelers whom have so graciously shared their experiences with me. Your time/constructive comments are priceless to me. Especially, Bob the Navigator in addition to all the other amazing contributors. All the kind encouragement to travel solo has provided me with much inspiration to continue pursuing/enjoying these many wonderful experiences. I love my travel bucket list, its my new passion!
(Venice,LakeComo,Milan,Portofino,Santa Marguerita,Rapallo,Cinque Terra,Florence,Tuscan Hill Towns,Rome,Naples,Ischia,Capri,Sorrento,Positano,Praiano,Amalfi,Ravello,Pompei,Matera,Bari,Lecce,Otranto,Gallopoli,Ostuni,Martina Franca,Locorotondo,Alberobello,Cisterno, Poligano-Amare,Barcelona,Paris,Provence,Nice).
* any recommendations for lodging in Amsterdam that is reasonable... I am open to BnB's/hotels close to port/town. I have read it's quite expensive to lodge here. I will also have several days on the cruise in Amsterdam as well?
*any yummy food picks that are casual for solo travels?
*any must see sites, not really interested in red lite district...I enjoy unesco world heritage sites, sites/moving water/1 art museum/walking tours/music/architecture/wine~food tastings. I will be arranging soon for admission Anne Frank House? (Prefer local activities no day trips r/t short stay)
* How to split remaining time as stated in intro above i.e. Tues Sept 13 -Friday Sept 16 Budapest then train to Prague for remainder Sat Sept 17 -Fri (fly home sat Sept 24) or another suggestion? More or less time Budapest? ( note; River Cruise also includes several days in Budapest pre disembark)
* Any lodging suggestions Budapest +\or recommended areas to stay,easy walking distance or tram travel to activities/sites?
* Suggestions any must see sites Budapest. I enjoy unesco world heritage sites, sites/moving water/2 art museums /walking tours/music/architecture/wine~food tastings/cafes~coffee~people watching?
* Train Experiences Budapest to Prague...
I've read trains are 2x/day,can't see/read foreign language weekend schedule?
What is best train site to buy ticket in English?
One place I read states can't buy too far in advance however if I don't buy 3-4 days in advance may not get seat on am train, it's a 7 hr trip.
Another thought should I fly?
* Any lodging suggestions Prague+\or recommended areas to stay,easy walking distance or tram travel to activities/sites?
* Suggestions any must see sites Prague. I've read that the Czech Republic is a super power for unesco world heritage sites approx 12, which I like plus the moving water/art museums /walking tours/music/architecture/wine~food tastings/cafes~coffee~people watching?
* Also I'd like to visit the Historic Centre of Cesky Krumlov.
I have three choices, need a lot of insight here, which is better choice and how to accomplish?
1. Visit as day excursion from riverboat cruise i.e. This one is easy but very limited experience,several hours only. ( the rivercruise offers 2 options for day tour Cesky Krumlov,Czech Republic or Salzburg,Austria not both)?
2. Train trip detour from Budapest on the way to Prague, don't even know if train comes close to this town, need guidance??
3. Plan a day excursion from Prague... By bus,train,private van tour???
Airline Flight Questions:
* I will obviously utilize open jaw flight option Boston => Amsterdam/Prague=>Boston, unless there's
a better option,any experiences with this flight trip?? The flights are pricey what's a good fare?
* Best fare Ticket purchase times sooner or later:
Sooner (next several weeks) vs later 12 weeks( early May 7th) before depart date Aug 26,
Your feedback is greatly appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 USA : NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 NORTON Printer 24*7
- 2 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540 :6830 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 3 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 4 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 5 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 6 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 7 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 8 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 9 Bordeaux to Moscow
- 10 Guide for Nowa Huta?
- 11 Moscow Favorites
- 12 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 13 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 14 Airport Transit Visa
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 16 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 17 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 18 Italian lake cruise
- 19 Paris advice with kids
- 20 First visit to London
- 21 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 22 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 23 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 24 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 25 Travelling Iceland