I will have about 16 days in central Europe in between visiting some family in Germany and attending Exit festival in Novi Sad. This will be June/ July 2015.
I had originally been thinking of doing Prague, Vienna, Budapest, but have now been considering adding in Krakow. I do understand that adding in an extra city would make it rushed and minimise my time in each place.
So I was hoping for opinions on what everything thinks the best plan would be this is what i am currently considering
Day 1-4 - Prague (over night train to Krakow)
Day 5-7 - Krakow (overnight train to Vienna)
Day 8- 11 Vienna
Day 12 - Vienna - Budapest (I know this wont take the full day)
Day 13 - 16 - Budapest
Or should I cut Krakow or Vienna and add the extra days to the other cities. If I was to do this which city would be better to cut (I know this is VERY subjective and everyone likes different things) or is there somewhere else I should be considering ?
I am not big into partying and will be travelling alone. I generally just enjoy walking around cities and exploring. I am not big into art galleries and wouldn't want to spend large amounts of time in museums/galleries but do still enjoy them.
I prefer warmer weather (though I know there isn't really much difference between the two) and enjoy doing out door things. I also love trying different foods and am happy to explore places besides bigger cities
I have been researching all the cities and come up with some things I would want to see in them all, but I was hoping for some personal opinions.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 2 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 3 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 4 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 5 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 6 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 7 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 8 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 9 Vatican tour
- 10 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 11 Day in Capri
- 12 alcazar question and seville advice
- 13 TSA Precheck
- 14 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 15 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 16 First visit to London
- 17 Paris travel help
- 18 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 19 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 22 Rome hotel
- 23 Villa in Italy
- 24 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 25 Help me make this possible!