I posted earlier about castles but at that time I thought we would include Germany in this trip but that will be another trip. So, here are some of the castles/palaces we are considering: Wawel Hill (Krakow, Poland), Prague Castle and Hohensalzburg (Salzburg), the castle at CeskyKrumlov. Now I'd like some help on other choices. Hluboka Castle, was recommended in my earlier post, would you do that in addition to the castle at Cesky Krumlov or what about Konopiste Castle (south of Prague). What about vienna and area, there is Hofburg or Schonbrunn Palace or Korneuburg 11 miles NW of Vienna (Fodor stars that as a choice but Steves doesn't even mention it.. Thoughts!!!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 London for Christmas
- 2 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 6 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 7 Chambermaid tipping
- 8 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 9 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 10 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 11 Rome Accommodation
- 12 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 13 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 14 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 15 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 16 Greek islands from Turkey
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 19 rent car / Munich
- 20 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 Italian Lakes gardens
- 23 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 24 TGV and Provence questions
- 25 Novels set in Greece